nice puzzle..by the way knew it beforehand

MAVERICK_ZER0

niceee

noyona786

nonsense 

x-1

easy

angie_pad

Why did the solution end when it did...with no checkmate shown? Is it so obvious they didn't show it? Help please!

jaechungrox
abo_tamem_2012 wrote:

Wouldn't this pull a win instead of a draw?

Edit: Nevermind, Queen to h8 or h7 is checkmate.

jp_23

what happens if black takes with the knight on move 4 instead of move 5?

Gordon36251

This puzzle is a well known trap out of the Ruy Lopez Opening (I don't remember which variation...), where black plays 0-0 which is a mistake, losing a pawn. I believe all these moves are forced.

vanhafford

11. C4 was devastating!  Eleven (11) deep!  Thanks for the lesson!

harshspm21

nic one....good puzzle

lithium11

Easy. First.

obay0001

Wow, hard one...

waffllemaster

This is a known trap, black has to take on d4 before 0-0.  I've actually played this in a game, so I got the puzzle really fast (although I was unaware black could avoid the loss of a piece for so long).

stm01

long... indeed

cena_warrior

can somebody explain this?

Gil-Gandel
angie_pad wrote:

Why did the solution end when it did...with no checkmate shown? Is it so obvious they didn't show it? Help please!

In the final position, Black must either lose a piece or give Rook for minor piece in a quiet position. Between masters, the win is then just a question of technique, but it would take a long struggle before it was done. Marco resigned on the spot, knowing there was no realistic chance of saving the game.

tigbench

I personaly think that they should try to include a few more puzzles like these, instead of having the large majority being games of "mate in (2,3,4)". It makes great variety for the daily puzzle, and the variety is a good benefit.

Gordon36251
tigbench wrote:

I personaly think that they should try to include a few more puzzles like these, instead of having the large majority being games of "mate in (2,3,4)". It makes great variety for the daily puzzle, and the variety is a good benefit.

I second that notion.