12/29/2012 - Long Calculation

long......................

puzzle

Damn. I did it the first time.

too long .  very different

I got the eight move wrong but still can't understand why it's not 8. Kf1 !! I must have been too relaxed over Christmas.

that was cool

very useful .

It was a pretty good puzzle. I got some moves on the second try, but most on the first.

Not forsed, but neat.

Talal_Zarzour wrote:

Why being obsessed with 1st page :s

a matter of intelligence. (missing...)

veeeeery easy!

leonwool wrote:

I got the eight move wrong but still can't understand why it's not 8. Kf1 !! I must have been too relaxed over Christmas.

RetiFan wrote:

If Rfxd8 instead of  Raxd8, then Kf1 instead of Nxc5.

jaechungrox wrote:

Was all of the moves for black in this puzzle forced? I'm sure that in at least one of the 11 moves in the problem, black could have played an alternative line to go on with an equal position.

yes, I think that`s something. also 11 moves is not a real puzzle - but better than mate in 2...Kiss

great exercise! while these may be the "best moves", are they the only good moves that black or white could have made to win??? At the least these are the moves a GM made, I suppose

Sometimes your puzzles depend on moves by your opponent that they may or may not make,sometimes the opponent makes bad moves that you cannot depend on in a game,so I don't feel to bad if I miss a few.

Good puzzle.  This position is actually quite common, so this is very useful :)

arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh, that was way too hard, I only got like 4 moves correct.

Decisive opening moves.

I recognised the setup for the Tarrasch Trap (interestingly, I was reading about it only last night) but it'd be bragging to say I worked it all out in advance.

As always, it's amusing to read the comments from people who think they know better than Tarrasch or Marco. Laughing

jaechungrox wrote:

Was all of the moves for black in this puzzle forced? I'm sure that in at least one of the 11 moves in the problem, black could have played an alternative line to go on with an equal position.

So suggest something already!

or Join

Online Now