12/29/2012 - Long Calculation

bluemoonkasparov

very long one, however, i managed to solve it with no errors.

xray

long tough one today

kyleevon

so very long

SadeghFr

Anyone said easy?

took more than 4 mins

tlacaelelprimero

Just lack 11.... Nd3 12 cxd5 Nxe1 13 Rxe1 Kf7 and 14 Bb4 or Bh4

Chess_Lover11

Wowowowo! Awesome!!!!!!!

tlacaelelprimero
vishalbhat wrote:

first page

very complicated only solved 85% of problem

You can't solve 85%. It is how you say in mate in 4 I solved 3 moves

BryanCFB
giants_14 wrote:

Why did the puzzle end there and not before/after? .... good puzzle: typical for a Saturday.

The puzzle ended there because white has just forced a piece win that black can no longer save with any defensive or counter measures.

BryanCFB

Some of the toughest puzzles to solve are ones where the puzzle outcome is greater for the winning side than, with best play on both sides, it really should be.  Black had opportunities on moves 2 and 4 to remain only down a pawn, and probably be down positionally as well, but not losing a clear piece.

Darshan_Haragi_L

nice problem... I hope that the staff posts more problems like these.

Gil-Gandel
Bryan681972 wrote:

Some of the toughest puzzles to solve are ones where the puzzle outcome is greater for the winning side than, with best play on both sides, it really should be.  Black had opportunities on moves 2 and 4 to remain only down a pawn, and probably be down positionally as well, but not losing a clear piece.

Probably because Marco didn't fancy playing a pawn down in a clear position against Tarrasch, and hoped to find a saving resource somewhere in the ensuing complications (which are far from clear unless you have seen this before).

XTremez

predictable!! :P

iIkchs

should i call this a puzzle or a long game. hmmm

szammie

Definitely Long.

SZ.

SophieWang

couldnt get the last move

Mozart12

What happens on 3...Rf8xd8 ? How does White wins material on 3...Rf8xd8 ? Because the game continuation will not work with 3...Rf8xd8

Retifan found it:

3...Rf8xd8 4.Nxe5 Bxe4 5.Nxe4 Nxe4 6.Nd3 f5 7.f3 Bc5+ 8.Kf1!

Phillycat13

too much for phillycat, but thanks anyway! MEOW!!!

tanmay_chakrabarti

tough one indeed.

Larry_Michael_Hinty

I got all the moves right, don't know why they were right, except for a few.....does anyone know how it finishes out?

Thisisnotmyrealname8

jeez, so many moves