1/24/2013 - Mate in 5

giants_14
christiaan023 wrote:

Fuck your damn message

damongross

I like the way Black's own pawn blocks his escape.

A_Sawyer

rook to g5 took me a minute but after that it just fell into place

RaleighRaine

Nice puzzle.

maacos

two mistakesEmbarassed

FredBatchelor

Mighty fine.

pbazan

Nice!

briansladovich
giants_14 wrote:
christiaan023 wrote:

Fuck your damn message

Cool  AGREED !   Please block this disturbed idiot, chess.com. And, please don't quote him.

siapashm

nice one!!!

chesskratos

ok.

JuanIvan

Very nice!!!I like this situation where black was expect tradeing with quens...Perfect ending!!!

RookPFeynman

This is nice and you really have only these options that will lead to mate in 5. Anything else that breaks the pin on the bishop proves to be poor.

xray

steady relentless attack does it!

GustavIV

A famous position that goes back at least a hundred years.

Prayerman46

I have never understood the rule which allows a piece that is "absoutely pinned", like the Bishop on C2 to remain in play. I think the black King should be allowed to capture the enemy Queen in this puzzle.  Anybody else agree?

mhalilim

Nice puzzle with moves which you can not miss....

briansladovich
Prayerman46 wrote:

I have never understood the rule which allows a piece that is "absoutely pinned", like the Bishop on C2 to remain in play. I think the black King should be allowed to capture the enemy Queen in this puzzle.  Anybody else agree?

Cool  Why ?  Something to do with the Geneva Convention, is it ?

mhalilim
Prayerman46 wrote:

The main point or of the game is: whoes king falls first. Once a king falls the game ends. In this case if the black king is allwoed to take the white queen then the white bishop will take the black king and this is the end of the game. The black queen can not continue without her beloved king.

ReyRambler1960

Grandmasterly.

mhalilim
briansladovich wrote:
Prayerman46 wrote:

Why ?  Something to do with the Geneva Convention, is it ?

Not at all, I think this is part of the aparthide system :-(