geniusasis
MATE IN 6
Glyptodon

CCCC

dufferps

In posting Number 31 jaechungrox indicates two lines:

1.Ne6+  fxe6, 2.Qxg7#     and:
1.Ne6+  Kg8,  2.Qxg7#

He overlooks blacks better responses 1. ... Nxe6  (which I think would still lose after 2. R1xe6)  or 1. ...  Kxe7 which leads to number of variations, none of which forces mate in 4 our less.

cfrench49

Tough, but good. I didn't picture the first and second moves. Thanks for a good lesson.

dufferps

In posting 136 geniusasis posts a "mate in 6" line, but he ignores black's best response in move 4.  Black would probably move 4. ... Nf5.
I don't think it would then be a mate in 6.

das718
[COMMENT DELETED]
dufferps
paulified22 wrote:

if black move's Rf2 instead of taking N with gxf5,white is in trouble,whole game is turned around,what does white do now? White would have to cover  g2 with Qc6 I think,if white make's same move Qf6,next move black can check with Rg2+,I would like to see outcome if Rf2,instead of gxf5,can anyone answer? Thank's Chess.Com,good day chess head's

1.... Rg2 is a threat, but too little and too late.  White would immediately move 2. Qxg7#.  The Knight is still on f5 covering the g7 square, and white is ready to checkmate on it.

If black moves the knight to protect that square, white gets his checkmate anyway with 2.Qh8#.

So Black MUST capture the knight at f5. 

djdliv3

not 2 hard

Heeg

Why not 1. Ne6+? Doesn't that lead to a mate in 2 or 3?

pistolpete44us
xJustOrdinaryx

so very easy

ajian

nice

genius_15

you can mate this in 3

ollandosss

that was a bit silly, there is a much easier mate.

ke6x, no matter what black does it is mate in the next move.

suppose black knight takes e6, then queen to h8 mate

if pawn takes our knight, then queen takes black knight mate

if king moves to the right then queen takes knight on g7 mate

am i missing something?