1/26/2013 - White to Play and Win

Assessor

It's always very satisfying to repeatedly check your opponent and take pieces, even more so when you walk away with the queen and are left with the upper hand.

juneboy22000

After 1. d7+, why not 1... Bxd7? I see that to be just as good as Kf7. Or am I missing something.

Gil-Gandel
juneboy22000 wrote:

After 1. d7+, why not 1... Bxd7? I see that to be just as good as Kf7. Or am I missing something.

You're missing what's already been posted, for a start. Read the thread again.

The_Impaller

White to play and win.....

You don't win here though.

alexdrich

paalam mahal kung reyna!

Ocky

Mmmm

Zoras

cool

vannorden2

2. dxc8 also wins the queen, take queen with the rook or (after Qxc8) Nd6+

deepak64

Very nice puzzle.

harshspm21

nyc

steinof

Well, white got the queen back and the game may be won; not very clear though:  1... Kxf6 2. Rd6+ Kg7 3. Rhd1 and white is best but has to play quite precise to win I think.

paulified22

If Bxd7 it's mate in two with Nd6#,so that's why I moved, 1.d7+...Kf7,but black moved Kf7,so I just started checking,not knowing where it would leed, 2.Ng5+...Kg8, 3.Nf6+...Kh8, 4.Nf7+...Kg7, 5.NxQd8,title said to play and win,but ended after move 5,now to go back and try to find mate.Thank's Chess.Com,good day chess head's!!!

stephen_33

A couple of mistakes but I got there in the end     Smile

paulified22
Gil-Gandel wrote:
juneboy22000 wrote:

You're missing what's already been posted, for a start. Read the thread again.

It would be mate next move Nd6#

Logical_Chess

Fantastic puzzle!

ishwaryaa28

A very interesting puzzle!!! Iam new here just a week ago and i joined... i never missed a daily problem from my very first day...... i love it........ each and every puzzle is  very interesting.... I ENJOY THIS ATMOSPHERE OF THE CHESS.COM!!!!

mvallejo70

Nice puzzle.

marsuplami

easy

eddysallin

nxQ,kxn,rd6+,kf4,pxb,rxp

ingeNagelhus

Why not 1... Qxd7 as black response?

After 2 Rxd7. Bxd7 3 Nf6+ black might still get a draw even after losing the bishop?