1/31/2012 - Mate in 2

guslawrence

one hundred and ninetieth bitches!

NickMontalvo

easy one

PrinceAAwe

easy...

ocmn6

these puzzles do not teach us anything...

DoNotUnderestimate

easy

Elasastri01

Cool

micaman994

Easy

Ufgt

Easy, and I'm a super beginner. Thanks, these really help me understand the game.

dammimind

eeee easy

uffruffEccekio

These puzzles affirm that I am past the beginner stage. One of the skills in Chess, is learning not only  how the pieces move, but how they move in combination. The next skill is learning to be able to recognize the combiations and patterns from which a mate can be made/possible. At a 1400 rating, I am still learning that one, and will be for many years yet. The next one is how to constructively analyze a game. Ii imagine that latter one goes on forever.

I read an article recently, that one GM found (by analsis of losing games) That every time he made the intuitive Pawn move in the mid-game, he lost. By making the countr-intuitive move he won. Therefore, as you improve, your analysis becomes more and more (microscopic?). ie. "The mill of the Lord grinds slowly, yet it grinds exceedingly small." So too, I assume,  with one's analysis. The more skill you have, the more minute in detail your analysis will become.

Meow, Puurrrrr......Marum.(Die schachspielen Katze)

sunandthreestars

why are they giving us junks like this? are the paying users of chess.com are grannys?

DRAGON

RSzgvYzxpizmp

203rd!

uffruffEccekio

@Sunandthreestars, By your rating at bullet and blitz you are well past the beginner stage. I note that you don't have an "online" rating. Though, I would assume you are well past the brginner stage.

Don't be so negative mate, we were all beginners once. This site does its best to cater to all.

If the puzzle offends thine eye, then pluck it out.

Grrrooowwwwlllll......Marum. (Die schachspielen Katze)

khoirulmu

nice....

qsidecastling

deadly eazy............

BICCIS

yes!

Pavrey

Tic-tac-toe....

NUDEBOY

too easy

killer_chess1989

lolz