1/5/2012 - Edward Lasker - Sir George Thomas, London 1911

ahoythere

Kh6??? Really.  

dunce
raymond68 wrote:
LovelIest wrote:

Why didn't he play 6. Be4#? The castle seems unnecessary.


did you see the bishop that can take the white bishop?


Mmmmf. I didn't.

EduardoML10

Difficult but beautiful ! Cool

manujames

one of the best

diontd

good puzzle

diontd
chord wrote:
AlivePoet wrote:

Why didn't he play 6. Be4#? The castle seems unnecessary.


Because Kg2


Black can't play Kg2, but he can play Bxe4

dkc_dark

Nice. Very Interesting. :]

ajindal

missed the 6th move.

arturoski

 6.Be4# looks quicker than 6.0-0 and 7.Nh2#

mchmur
[COMMENT DELETED]
Mathematics

nice:)

Zhanhui1995

Nice!!!
I loving it!!!

BlueKnightShade
gutartas wrote:

 

instead of hpawn, could be a f4+ played with equell resolt

Not equal. After 4.f4+ black would play 4... Kxf4.

RobHalford
arturoski wrote:

 6.Be4# looks quicker than 6.0-0 and 7.Nh2#


It's totally useless since there is a bishop on b7. It is not checkmate.

tidi

cool

shck

I think white`s 1st move knight to g5 could also be potential and lead to mate pretty quickly?

-BoobyFischerReborn-

Love it !

elindauer

I failed the puzzle, but find my solution (and Lasker's!) of Be2+ Kg2 Rh2+ Kg1 O-O-O# to much more aesthetically pleasing!

chord
diontd wrote:
chord wrote:
AlivePoet wrote:

Why didn't he play 6. Be4#? The castle seems unnecessary.


Because Kg2


Black can't play Kg2, but he can play Bxe4


Hmm I was wrong...but so are you as e4 is protected by f6!

Logical_Chess

Nice puzzle!!!