1/8/2013 - All in the Name of Winning

gycho

Question:

Would the knight capuring the pawn at g7 also work, or am I missing something? I realize it is probably better to force it by checking (less to think about maybe?) but I'm not seeing any way out if the knight captures instead.

terence99

Nice

silverhawkz

nice one!

Torrence

quite easy!!

Calm1

Very easy!!!!

notimee

SO EASY :D

TVisser

great

mhalilim

gycho wrote:

Question:

Would the knight capuring the pawn at g7 also work, or am I missing something? I realize it is probably better to force it by checking (less to think about maybe?) but I'm not seeing any way out if the knight captures instead.

Instead of Mate-in-2 it will take much longer to win the game.

pawnlegion
mhalilim wrote:

gycho wrote:

Question:

well if you capture pawn with knight then he can move rook and escape I think?

ananga1

yes

albeli

Its to easy!

MaxLangeIsGood

A polite one!

Herson12

Smile

gycho
pawnlegion wrote:
mhalilim wrote:

gycho wrote:

Question:

well if you capture pawn with knight then he can move rook and escape I think?

Quite right! I am new, and didn't see that there's no reason the knight would have to be captured. I believe you are correct in that he would move the rook and then escape.

sohrab8

nice

Moora1_2012

a bit easy one ,but anyway I wouldn't give up my knight that easy ,not even for a checkmate :-)

Lee01032017

https://www.chess.com/forum/view/daily-puzzles/4-24-2017-all-in-the-name-of-winning

This puzzle was reposted. Don't do it again.

MrCopperhead

MrCopperhead

MrCopperhead