cool!

way too easy

easy

a very nice puzzle.

onefineham wrote:

Baddabing!

Cool Badaboom !

interesting

Sacrifice!  When will I get this ingrained in my tactics?

first..hundred!!

easy yayTongue Out

Good day; bonne journée.

briansladovich wrote:

My first instinct was to move the pawn to g7 but, this wouldn't be mate in two.

That was the first thing I looked at also, but it was pretty obvious that the black queen could check on the next move and check repeatedly from then on.  So (this being a puzzle),  I immediately focused on the only check move available to white at that point.  It was a sacrifice (not to be rejected off-hand when doing a puzzle), and the power of the next move was immediately evident.  Black is forced to capture the rook, and put his king in a corner, and an easy move by the white king discovers a check and blocks the black king's only escape square.  Sweet!

Good Puzzle...,

CaptJaneway wrote:
    briansladovich wrote:

Had the same thought. It would mate, but more than 2 moves.

I would like to know how white could checkmate after 1.g7  Qb6+.

A little easy for Wednesday

There are several possible mates, finding the mate in 2 took awhile but I solved it.

I dedicate my victory to the “first pagers”. While the rest of us try to solve the daily puzzle, they say “Bah to that”. They live by their own rules. In their own minds, they can achieve success on par with the puzzle solvers without any demonstrable chess talent. It’s like they have a mental shield that protects their fragile egos. That’s what I admire. That mental shield thing. It’s like they have super powers.

It's all in the wrist.

Moderate.....

http://nabendu.co.nr

Very clever way to force mate against superior fire power.

dufferps wrote:
    briansladovich wrote:

That was the first thing I looked at also, but it was pretty obvious that the black queen could check on the next move and check repeatedly from then on.  So (this being a puzzle),  I immediately focused on the only check move available to white at that point.  It was a sacrifice (not to be rejected off-hand when doing a puzzle), and the power of the next move was immediately evident.  Black is forced to capture the rook, and put his king in a corner, and an easy move by the white king discovers a check and blocks the black king's only escape square.  Sweet!

Cool Nice summary, dufferps. The power of hindsight ! Fools rush in and all that.

or Join

Online Now