2/2/2018 - A.A.Troitzky, Ceske Slovo, 1924

MartynRich

I saw at least two other mate options. I don’t get these puzzles sometimes

BryanCFB
MartynRich wrote:

I saw at least two other mate options. I don’t get these puzzles sometimes

The puzzle is correct.  There are no missed mates.

rahul_Maheshwari
hecksuba wrote:

Quite a difficult puzzle. I'm still trying to figure out why promoting to a rook is better than a queen. I suppose someone will explain. And Relmnight, you are quite correct in your comments. Some of those who dash for the first page don't even play chess on this site. I can't figure it out. I mean I like it when I get on the first page, but I try to place a comment that is meaningful, but doesn't give away the answer. Not sure what the one letter stuff is about. Welcome aboard!

Alot of people asking why promote to Rook. Promote it to Queen and you get a Draw. slatemate

dan36912

thank you 

AryamaanChess

Smart. Very smart.

AryamaanChess
Relmnight wrote:

why are people on this site so obsessed with being the first? It changes litterly nothing? All it does is spam the comment section with useless shit, sort of really annoying when the first two pages are just full of people posting hi or z or something like that. 

Also, if you are following these posts, your messages section blows up.

BradleyFarms

Yeah.

MathWizKidA
AryamaanChess wrote:
Relmnight wrote:

why are people on this site so obsessed with being the first? It changes litterly nothing? All it does is spam the comment section with useless shit, sort of really annoying when the first two pages are just full of people posting hi or z or something like that. 

Also, if you are following these posts, your messages section blows up.

So? Like I said before, can't you report these people?

Chse0c

Yes, the egotistical childish spammers could be reported but it is a pity that it is necessary to do this.

And yes, it is annoying to go to a 'message' for it to be nonsense. Their egotistical self centred mentality probably means that they don't read other people's messages so they are unaware that they are considered to be too immature to post on a chess website. Or perhaps they simply can not write a proper sentence, and yes, the education system is that bad in certain countries.

AlbAmchess

Took a bit and 1/2 hints, but I got it in the he end.

MathWizKidA
henrychess99 wrote:
Relmnight wrote:

Also, maybe they don't want you on the 1st page -- it's almost like a VIP section wink.png

Jill_McBain

cry.png 

kunalkrishna85
Relmnight wrote:

one day when storage limit will reach its upper limit then only first pages will be archived . That's why.

MathWizKidA
kunalkrishna85 wrote:
Relmnight wrote:

one day when storage limit will reach its upper limit then only first pages will be archived . That's why.

So they're trying to be helpful by barely typing anything?