2/11/2012 - White to Play and Win

lph

Hmmm?

freebie
baldax wrote:

Very nice hidden mate on f7 if black capture the queen!!!

Exactly.  I LOVE the subtle ones like this.  Really got the blood flowing to the noggin. 

drshark

nice

tyz1990

Good, but kinda easy.

freebie
psyjonz wrote:

so the point of checkmate wasnt the purpose this time???

Nope, but these types of puzzles have ben rare lately.  I usually don't like non-mating puzzles, but that hidden mate if QxQ was worth it.

freebie
dunce wrote:
Azukikuru wrote:

Hints for posting in the Daily Puzzle thread:

1) If you think there is a flaw in the puzzle, you simply don't understand it completely.

Riiiiiiiiiight . . . like the times when the puzzle's busted and nothing will move. Totally the user's fault.

Hey, I give Azukikuru a thousand bonus points for not posting "First."  He obviously saw all of the repetitious comments yesterday, and the numerous posters who didn't take the time to analyze the puzz.  I missed an obvious move, but I had the humility to ask, received a number of replies, yet a lot of other people never bothered to look at the answer, because the same question kept getting re-asked.  I'm grateful for any post that's not "easy" or "first" -- or "stupid puzzle."

NuwanG

easy

stephen_33

Thought provoking & better than some recent (& trickier) ones because of no inexplicable/daft  moves that you sometimes see. Only had 1 incorrect move on the board this time-think I must be improving!

therealjayrock

I somehow accidently made the right move trying to make the right move for 2)Qg3+ (I accidently dropped the queen on that square , then didn't realise it and tried to make that same move again)

Nice puzzle though.

Darshan_Haragi_L

Good one.

abekiroz

good one

novzki41

great puzzle!!

http://amisapremier.blogspot.com/

domalius

Interesting puzzle.

akshaynaik7

the puzzle is wrong. the black queen cud hv killed the white queen instead of moving the frog. cheap puzzle.

biko5dan

good puzzle

FredBatchelor

Mighty fine.

ethan31

Why didn't the black Queen take the white Queen?

NGC_1947
therealjayrock wrote:

I somehow accidently made the right move trying to make the right move for 2)Qg3+ (I accidently dropped the queen on that square , then didn't realise it and tried to make that same move again)

Nice puzzle though.

Sometimes, when I'm stumped, I use the accidently dropped technique also.

dragana87

nice

cfrench49

Excellent puzzle, thanks much.