2/28/2012 - Mate in 5

Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)

RenataCFC wrote:

Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)

I was typing my response but I saw you posted the answer to your question =)

Nice

easy!!!

Last page again

LOL

Hi! Guys'n'Pies!Laughing Very Simple and Strightforward Rapidly Solved at Once!Wink Like a lightning!Cool Chiao! Everyone.Smile

OK

Easy; almost steped out at move 2.

I missed the 2nd move! It's so sad :(

good line opening!

Had a few stumbles, but I got through it with relative ease.  Nice puzzle!

nice one

Fairly decent.

SZ.

simple

too easy

ndskykng wrote:
    RenataCFC wrote:

I guess I am missing something. Wouldn't  2. Nxg5, Rf7  lead to 3. Qg6+ Kf8 ( 3... Kh8 4. Nxf7# ) 4. Qxf7#.

I am still not seeing why the knight and queen move could not be interchanged. Sure it is not forcing via check but still leads to mate in 5.

edit: removed yellow bar and links

...............................that was to hard Undecided .............................but coolSmile

ashmo wrote:

too easy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! way do you say thatYell

Hennepin wrote:
    ndskykng wrote:
    RenataCFC wrote:

I guess I am missing something. Wouldn't  2. Nxg5, Rf7  lead to 3. Qg6+ Kf8 ( 3... Kh8 4. Nxf7# ) 4. Qxf7#.

I am still not seeing why the knight and queen move could not be interchanged. Sure it is not forcing via check but still leads to mate in 5.

edit: removed yellow bar and links

3 ... Rg7 is the problem.

easy

or Join

Online Now