2/28/2012 - Mate in 5

  • #81

    Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)

  • #82
    RenataCFC wrote:

    Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)


    I was typing my response but I saw you posted the answer to your question =)

  • #83

    Nice

  • #84

    easy!!!

    Last page again

     

    LOL

  • #85

    Hi! Guys'n'Pies!Laughing Very Simple and Strightforward Rapidly Solved at Once!Wink Like a lightning!Cool Chiao! Everyone.Smile

  • #86

    OK

  • #87

    Easy; almost steped out at move 2.

  • #88
  • #89

    I missed the 2nd move! It's so sad :(

  • #90

    good line opening!

  • #91

    Had a few stumbles, but I got through it with relative ease.  Nice puzzle!

  • #92

    nice one

  • #93

    Fairly decent.

    SZ.

  • #94

    simple

  • #95

    too easy

  • #96
    ndskykng wrote:
    RenataCFC wrote:

    Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)


    I was typing my response but I saw you posted the answer to your question =)


    I guess I am missing something. Wouldn't  2. Nxg5, Rf7  lead to 3. Qg6+ Kf8 ( 3... Kh8 4. Nxf7# ) 4. Qxf7#.

    I am still not seeing why the knight and queen move could not be interchanged. Sure it is not forcing via check but still leads to mate in 5.

     edit: removed yellow bar and links

  • #97

    ...............................that was to hard Undecided .............................but coolSmile

  • #98
    ashmo wrote:

    too easy

    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! way do you say thatYell

  • #99
    Hennepin wrote:
    ndskykng wrote:
    RenataCFC wrote:

    Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)


    I was typing my response but I saw you posted the answer to your question =)


    I guess I am missing something. Wouldn't  2. Nxg5, Rf7  lead to 3. Qg6+ Kf8 ( 3... Kh8 4. Nxf7# ) 4. Qxf7#.

    I am still not seeing why the knight and queen move could not be interchanged. Sure it is not forcing via check but still leads to mate in 5.

     edit: removed yellow bar and links


    3 ... Rg7 is the problem.

  • #100

    easy

or Join

Online Now