2/28/2012 - Mate in 5

Labfrog

Nice

Praphael

easy!!!

Last page again

LOL

Easeland

Hi! Guys'n'Pies!Laughing Very Simple and Strightforward Rapidly Solved at Once!Wink Like a lightning!Cool Chiao! Everyone.Smile

Ocky

OK

Djazbin

Easy; almost steped out at move 2.

novzki41

good puzzle!!

http://azaleapremier.blogspot.com/

TheSkyBluePN3

I missed the 2nd move! It's so sad :(

ShaunakPethe

good line opening!

Chris_Coffey

Had a few stumbles, but I got through it with relative ease.  Nice puzzle!

bknight-sk

nice one

szammie

Fairly decent.

SZ.

saqlain5699

simple

Mr_Mallard

too easy

Hennepin
ndskykng wrote:
RenataCFC wrote:

Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)

I was typing my response but I saw you posted the answer to your question =)

I guess I am missing something. Wouldn't  2. Nxg5, Rf7  lead to 3. Qg6+ Kf8 ( 3... Kh8 4. Nxf7# ) 4. Qxf7#.

I am still not seeing why the knight and queen move could not be interchanged. Sure it is not forcing via check but still leads to mate in 5.

edit: removed yellow bar and links

GuyGallant

...............................that was to hard Undecided .............................but coolSmile

GuyGallant
ashmo wrote:

too easy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! way do you say thatYell

RenataCFC
Hennepin wrote:
ndskykng wrote:
RenataCFC wrote:

Ah, got it .. because if 2. Nxg5, then ... Rf7 ruins the mate, whereas if 3. Nxg5, then the queen is already on g6, and ... Rf7 can just be captured for mate.  Oh well, these things happen before coffee. :)

I was typing my response but I saw you posted the answer to your question =)

I guess I am missing something. Wouldn't  2. Nxg5, Rf7  lead to 3. Qg6+ Kf8 ( 3... Kh8 4. Nxf7# ) 4. Qxf7#.

I am still not seeing why the knight and queen move could not be interchanged. Sure it is not forcing via check but still leads to mate in 5.

edit: removed yellow bar and links

3 ... Rg7 is the problem.

Shivam_12

easy

sai_kiran

gd one

pbazan

Easy!