FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

3/13/2018 - Step By Step, Move By Move

Nice puzzle!

but capturing the Queen is also winning? :/

i wish this puzzle gave me some points

Nice and Easy!

ridiculously easy

easy puzzle yes but it's still a "fastest mate" as I can win easily by just grabbing his queen first

Better puzzle if my rook starts on f1 whereby I am now just a rook down and need to checkmate or I'm losing.

Think in a real game I would probably take the Queen since the King is in such a world of hurt anyway. But as it's a puzzle I knew that was most likely the wrong move. Mate in two is fine, but still, taking the Queen is so much more satisfying . . .

Grabbing the queen is still better, although longer, because the win becomes easier.

Rather easy for a Tuesday puzzle.  I found this easier than either the Monday or the Sunday puzzles.

Edit - I see that some mention the temptation to "grab the queen"

I  don't play "blitz chess," so I do take time to look a move or two ahead.  If I "grabbed the Queen," I would be immediately forced to trade rooks leaving black with a rook on the open d-file with my King vulnerable on the back rank.  Only salvation would be checking with my Queen.  But then the easy checkmate by checking with my Queen and back-rank rook avoids the whole problem.

Actually,  I looked at checking opportunities before even thinking of "grabbing black's queen."

kewl checkmate !

p.s. happy pi day

Not as hard as usual. But usual isn’t hard 🧠💩

ssssssssssooooooooooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssssssssyyyyyy

Mate in 3

Too easy

very easy as i had no problem for a 1300 player.

Online Now