3/1/2011 - Nikolai Zinoviev, Lisove gospodarsto, 1994

  • #121
    jgl1976 wrote:

     


    I want to parallel the premove with using both hands in speed chess. In speed chess the rule is to use one hand to move the piece then that same hand must also hit the clock. The premove is like moving the piece with one hand and immediately hitting the clock with the other hand. The premove has the same exact effect as using both hands to play.

    The Laws of Chess derived the rule not to use both hands. I am just strongly recommending we let our heritage guide us and adapt the technology to our heritage. 

    Levis



    Shut the F*** up about "premove". Why are you talking about that in the daily puzzle? Would you please tell us what "premove" has to do with the daily puzzle? Is this the only place you could get your opinion read by other people? While you talk about staying with the fundamentals that govern chess, you're forgetting the fundamentals of forums; keep your comments within the subject matter. In this case, The Daily Puzzle. So I ask again; how does "premove" pertain to the daily puzzle? Answer that so we can all forget what an @$$ you're making of yourself.

    -J2009m-

     

    About the PUZZLE: This is one of those situations where any other move by  white would change the outcome of this game.

  • #122

    Hmm

  • #123

    nice puzzle

  • #124

    good

  • #125

    If you pin the bishop or take the bishop, its a stalemate

  • #126

    I liked the h1 option until I realised how it could quickly lead to stalemate or simply delay the victory.  Very good puzzle.

  • #127

    hmmmmm, can on b8,c8 in two moves

  • #128

    2 easy

  • #129

    Premove is a feature of online play that is impossible in live play. Online play is not necessarilly a direct copy of live play: witness not needing to move the rook when castling, or removing the pieces from the board when taking them, or the need to say 'j'adjust' when making sure your pieces are within their squares. It's a different game: premove just shows you know what the other guy is going to do. It makes 1 minute games possible. It shows your ability.

    jgl1976 should accept the new reality and stop winging like a little bitch. 

  • #130
    MadDogOfist wrote:

    Premove is a feature of online play that is impossible in live play. Online play is not necessarilly a direct copy of live play: witness not needing to move the rook when castling, or removing the pieces from the board when taking them, or the need to say 'j'adjust' when making sure your pieces are within their squares. It's a different game: premove just shows you know what the other guy is going to do. It makes 1 minute games possible. It shows your ability.

    jgl1976 should accept the new reality and stop winging like a little bitch. 


    WTF? None of the data you just provided has any truth (you castle with one hand in live chess and here all castling is done at the same speed)...you make no sense go do the puzzle 32 more times and meet with doctors to talk about it.... 

  • #131

    nice

  • #132
    jgl1976 wrote:

     


    I want to parallel the premove with using both hands in speed chess. In speed chess the rule is to use one hand to move the piece then that same hand must also hit the clock. The premove is like moving the piece with one hand and immediately hitting the clock with the other hand. The premove has the same exact effect as using both hands to play.

    The Laws of Chess derived the rule not to use both hands. I am just strongly recommending we let our heritage guide us and adapt the technology to our heritage. 

    Levis

    huh?

  • #133
    Lepori wrote:

    why not  Rh1??


     Stalemate after ... bg8 is white foolishly tries Rh8

    But surely Rc1 (then Rc8) is just as valid, albeit not quite so elegant ?

    (Ra1 ... Ra8 can be met countered by the bishop also risking stalemate - the poisoned bishop)

  • #134
    AndrewConnolly1709 wrote:
    Lepori wrote:

    why not  Rh1??


     Stalemate after ... bg8 is white foolishly tries Rh8

    But surely Rc1 (then Rc8) is just as valid, albeit not quite so elegant ?

    (Ra1 ... Ra8 can be met countered by the bishop also risking stalemate - the poisoned bishop)


    Rc1 will be followed by Bc2 and then it wont be checkmate

  • #135

    incredibly easy!

  • #136

    there were other ways to achieve the same result so it was amatter of selecting the one that was used

  • #137

    i didnt get it at first, bot then it clicked in.Smile todays puzzle was sort of clever wasnt it

  • #138

    I got it but it felt odd, not sure.

  • #139

    nice

  • #140

    Lately why have the puzzles been so easy?

or Join

Online Now