FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

3/15/2012 - Mate in 4

1st!

ok

woooohoooo

Tools^ :D jk

I think there is a second solution, starting with 1. Nh6+ Kh8  2. Qf7 threatening 3. Qg8+ and 4. Nf7#.

Nice.

SZ.

nice

shiz! That was easy but tasty

not a straight forward one...moves are critical to mate in 4!!!

I got it but why doesn't black take the rook?  It still delays the unavoidable mate... but I just think it makes more sense to take the rook... tell me if I am wrong =p

blempka wrote:

I got it but why doesn't black take the rook?  It still delays the unavoidable mate... but I just think it makes more sense to take the rook... tell me if I am wrong =p

i think then Qh6 and Qxh7 will mate. XD, not sure

Cool

wow! First page, nice!

Done....

If 1. Nh6+ Kh8 2. Qxf7, I believe black has only one move to stop mate in four, which is 2...g6.  I was looking at that line too but couldn't find the mate in four after 2...g6.

blempka wrote:

Good, but not sure why the black Knight does not take the White rook at move #2 too.

If you're going to go, at least go fighting :)

Splane wrote:

I think there is a second solution, starting with 1. Nh6+ Kh8  2. Qf7 threatening 3. Qg8+ and 4. Nf7#.

Splane,

I see what route you thinking of when you mention the move sequence to mate; however, I found that with your prescribed moves, Black as ample opportunity to delay checkmate... even if it is for a few more moves. A few examples are below.

I stopped where I did because at that point in the game White seems to be in enough control that the following moves do not need to be explained.
    Hope this helps you.  I am just trying to get more "involved" in things like this ;)

hardly a puzzle

Smile

Online Now