x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

3/25/2012 - Important Theme

I like it. Sacrificing the queen to progress the knight into check and then simply taking the opponents queen while they're in check. Genius! I personally would not think of doing that. I would be the idiot who would go in circles to capture the opponents queen. I would be completley oblivious of such a golden opportunity.

Good one.

knight is lose so what is so good

Nice Puzzle I got it 1st time

the piece will not be recovered. u see after Re1, bishop takes night, pawn takes bishop, then R takes pawn. dmic006

Definitly two tumbs up

f

j

dmic006 wrote:

i think its cool except that after Re1 it seems black gets the piece right back...

Exactly. The knight has no safe square to move to and there's no way to defend it from capture after . . . Rde8 or . . . Rhe8. That's why I rejected Nd5. At least 1 Bxe5 dxe5 (or 1 . . . Qxe5) 2 Rxf7 wins a pawn free & clear.

Attaque à la découverte... un thème important.

For all you naysayers, white can keep the knight after black players Re1 w/ Bxe5 dxe5, Rxf7 (and win a pawn)

Very nice, enjoyed that one.  Cool

already new this theme by falling for it in an otb game

dmic006 wrote:

i think its cool except that after Re1 it seems black gets the piece right back...     Black plays bishop takes knight!!!!

Yellbeautiful

strange

not easy enough for a sunday puzzle

so easy 

I dont know why the queen would make such a silly move Foot in mouth

dumb puzz

Online Now