3/3/2012 - Fischer - Benko, New York 1963

this one was really good!

shepi13 wrote:

He didn't have to move it before hand because after exd6 he could play dxc3.

OK, I think I understand the logic -- the knight was needed to defend f5; he's faced with losing a piece or checkmate and one's as bad as the other against Bobby Fischer, so resign.

I keep confusing myself thinking the scenarios given are all entirely forced on pain of immediate checkmate -- puzzle brain.

I Don't liked!

Chessace9 wrote:

F-F-F-FIRST!!!!

Chessace9 wrote:

F-F-F-FIRST!!!!

ure lame dude

Variation 1: Crafty response (Min/Max/Depth 3/10/10). Black could postpone checkmate for another 30+ moves.

Variation 2: Now, this is what I find most interesting: if I set 2 engines play against each other without forcing first move by White as in the puzzle, Crafty's optimal move is...

Very nice!

why go Rf6? can't you skip it and move pawn E5 and then Qh7 for checkmate. I don't understand K to G8, seems like a wasted move.

For black there is also simple 1 ... f6 ?

if e5 without Rf6, black plays f5.there is no checkmate now, check it out. thats exactly why white blocks the f pawn

I see, Knight protecting F5.  Very good

What would happen if instead of 5 Nf5 black tried e5, followed by moving the black queen to f7?

DarkoChess wrote:

Variation 1: Crafty response (Min/Max/Depth 3/10/10). Black could postpone checkmate for another 30+ moves.

I would give up my night insted of going to give up , f6 is the only way

.nice one.xD

lph wrote:

on move 4.  QxH7#

BobMumm wrote:

avoiding exd4, don´t lose, ... do it ?

It may not get black checkmated right away, but it loses a piece for nothing.  White can move the d4 bishop to safety on the next move, as no other white piece is being attacked and no other white piece can be attacked by black on his first move. 

Hell Yeah Bobby Fischer!! 

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or Join

Online Now