x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

3/4/2014 - Revelation

easy one

I've seen this puzzle before. Is it from Polgars Chess Tactics for Champions book?

Simple but clever.

Truly a revaltion!

a good one for tatics trainer.  a nice clearance sacrifice of the knight and queen deflection to make way for Qd6#.

Pretty good.

nice one

Easy.

Nice i love it! Can i do that puzzle again? :D!

3rd page !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gerardgarbla wrote:

I thoght I would never be so stupid to write it but... First page!!!

is that mean good or bad

yes ! a simple one!!

Very nice puzzle.

sucks

Easy peasy lemons are squeasy and queasy!!Smile

pretty

good puzzle!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool Cool. Use left and right arrows to navigate.Cool. Use left and right arrows to navigate.Cool. Use left and right arrows to navigate.Cool. Use left and right arrows to navigate.Cool. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

yo man!!!!!!!

[COMMENT DELETED]

simple

dufferps wrote:
    humanistmind wrote:

I had 3 moves. 1. RxR NxR  2. Ne8+ BxN 3. Qd8# The 2 move solution...obviously better.

Interesting thought process here.  Once you see this mate-in-3,  the mate in 2 solution (which uses much the same mating situation - Queen, protected by the d1 Rook, mates on an adjacent-diagonal square) becomes all the more obvious,  But once we see a sure-fire forced mating combo, it is hard to shift and look for something better.  Only if we are told there is a "mate-in-2" solution do we look any burther,

Thanks dufferps. You're absolutely right of course. My stubbornness about my 3 move mate WAS difficult to let go of---and did add time to my search for the simpler solution. Good call.

Online Now