Easy

yangbillion

nIce good puzzle

-yangbillon

JoeyWoj

Tejas149

shut up  all

Trexler3241
1.e7 Rxf5 is not better than 1... Bxf7 because of 2.Rxf5 Kh8 (other moves are equal) 3.Rf8#
BryanCFB

Trexler3241 wrote:

1.e7 Rxf5 is not better than 1... Bxf7 because of 2.Rxf5 Kh8 (other moves are equal) 3.Rf8#

Better than 2...Kh8 but still losing is 2...Bxg6.

orenzmendoza

solved

sergiovieira

more easy!

greekgift1955

Hey BryanCFB, 

I cheated and went back to the first page and looked at your answer.  3.Kc3!! was a nice move.  Otherwise White seems to be reduced to 3.e8=Q to unpin the rook.  After g4 though I think Rg5+ and snapping up the g pawn and forcing the Black King against the side might be better.  Then march in with the King to help the pawn.

BryanCFB
greekgift1955 wrote:

Hey BryanCFB, 

I cheated and went back to the first page and looked at your answer.  3.Kc3!! was a nice move.  Otherwise White seems to be reduced to 3.e8=Q to unpin the rook.  After g4 though I think Rg5+ and snapping up the g pawn and forcing the Black King against the side might be better.  Then march in with the King to help the pawn.

Yes, it was pointed out to me by fightingbob that 7. Rg5+ followed by 8. Rxg4 is the most efficient way to play out my 3. Kc3!! line for the exact reasons you mention.

greekgift1955

Well, that doesn't take anything away from Kc3!!  Great move.

BryanCFB
greekgift1955 wrote:

Well, that doesn't take anything away from Kc3!!  Great move.

True.  After 3. Kc3!! the white technique isn't so critical as there is really not much black can do.