4/1/2013 - Mate in 3

quite easy mate...
    just saw it and went straight away... Tongue Out

April Fools Day!!

so easy

pcfilho wrote:

A true pearl by Peruvian grandmaster Esteban Canal: White to play and give checkmate in 2 moves. Can you find it?

http://jornalheiros.blogspot.com/2013/04/xadrez-mate-em-2-esteban-canal.html

Hee. White has sacrificed both Rooks to reach this position, and now he throws in the Queen as well for the double-Bishop mate. Well done Canal!

Doesn't 2. Qh5 work as well?

Very easy one!

buks_narans wrote:

Rook Deflection, very nice!

Not exactly - because the black king is being forced onto a much worse square from which it can be mated, this is a Decoy tactic & not a deflection!

thanks chess.com, I'm getting better with these puzzles, to bad  I can't join

Done.

easy

Gil-Gandel wrote:
    pcfilho wrote:

A true pearl by Peruvian grandmaster Esteban Canal: White to play and give checkmate in 2 moves. Can you find it?

http://jornalheiros.blogspot.com/2013/04/xadrez-mate-em-2-esteban-canal.html

Hee. White has sacrificed both Rooks to reach this position, and now he throws in the Queen as well for the double-Bishop mate. Well done Canal!

Great tactical win.

PIRATCH wrote:
    KershawLeek wrote:
    homernh wrote:

First page!  And what's wrong with 2. Qh4+?                 No check..unless rook sac.

what's wrong with it is that black is ready to launch that mate on a2. that rook move is needed to give white queen the opportunity to mate.

No! Read first please! 1 Rh8+ Kxh8 (forced) 2 Qh4+ Black cannot check(mate) because he is in check himself! 

Cool

1 april

PIRATCH wrote:
    eddysallin wrote:
    homernh wrote:

First page!  And what's wrong with 2. Qh4+?    True.....

Any h file check also works......

No! 2 Qh6+? doesn't work at all 2...gxh6 and White is lost!

The great Damiano's mate!

no mistakes in this puzzles :=D

this is most easy one.

nice..

I guess.

SZ.

or Join

Online Now