x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

4/13/2012 - Unusual Mating Pattern

  • #181

    Cool

  • #182
    Melultu wrote:

    Kf6 is also valid, no?

    Also ends up with the same checkmate pattern. Can't you just analyze first?

  • #183
    Gump647 wrote:

    also, nf6#. I was frustrated, I kept trying to do it. I thought it was a glitch...

    It wasn't a glitch. If you make your own puzzle, every move on your puzzle has only one possible move to solve the puzzle when it actually has more than one good moves. Btw, next time say Nhf6 because the knight on e8 can also go to f6.

  • #184

    nice

  • #185

    very good puzzle

  • #186
    [COMMENT DELETED]
  • #187

    The issue with a mate like this, for me at least, is that you don't notice that pawns possibility of taking the rook. I spent most of the time looking at any other possibility but for some reason completely missed the fact that I can take the rook with my pawn. 

  • #188

    Just perfect.Please be relevant, helpful & nice!

  • #189

    OK

  • #190

    This has probably been mentioned already, but 3. Nf6 works as well.

  • #191
    PadSmash360 wrote:

    This has probably been mentioned already, but 3. Nf6 works as well.

    But 3. Nf6+ is not checkmate.  3. Rf8# is checkmate.

  • #192
    Bryan681972 wrote:
    PadSmash360 wrote:

    This has probably been mentioned already, but 3. Nf6 works as well.

    But 3. Nf6+ is not checkmate.  3. Rf8# is checkmate.

    I meant the knight on h7, sorry.

  • #193
    PadSmash360 wrote:
    Bryan681972 wrote:
    PadSmash360 wrote:

    This has probably been mentioned already, but 3. Nf6 works as well.

    But 3. Nf6+ is not checkmate.  3. Rf8# is checkmate.

    I meant the knight on h7, sorry.

    No need to apologize, but 3. Nhf6+ is still not checkmate until the next move because black can interpose 3...Qh7. 

  • #194

    Fun and tricky.

Top

Online Now