Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

4/16/2010 - Mate in 4

rundmb wrote:

4. Nd1#

wow! That's a brutal position for black to be in.

I did not solve the puzzle - did not get a mate in 4.  I still thought it would be a forced mate if I started out with Rd1+ and moved my bishops to control the adjacent diagonals (g1-a7 and f1-a6) as hensly97 and showhare did.  However, I found that black was able to maneuver his king behind queenside pawns, and put up a good enough battle to avoid mate.  Black's key would be to move 1. ... Kc5
    (not 1. ... Kc4, as played by both hensly97 and showhare).   There might still be a way for white to force a mate, but I did not find it.  (along the way, I traded the white knight for one of black's rooks, but it allowed the black king to get "unbottled," and white's material advantage was less effective than I had hoped.)

Interesting.

i'd take the queen out first, cuz he still can't move the night, then i would get a much more interesting mate

438th!!!

conghanwei wrote:

Learn how to use the game editor to design a puzzle that's presentable, also one shouldn't have to guess the first move Laughing 

there are alternate mates depending on what black does, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Not easy

nice.....

good one.

wow very nice, at first i didnt really want to sacrafice the castle but it worked out in the end :)

the second!!!!)

This one was hard for me to see at first.  Thank you for the puzzle.  Smile

pretty hard for me ^^

primitive...Tongue out

nice

Way of a Grandmaster!

ゆるくないわー。

Online Now