4/17/2012 - Mate in 5

CactuSG
yeewassup wrote:

usually these puzzles are well thought out, but i seem to see another mate in 5, is there anything wrong with:

not saying that this puzzle isn't well thought out

that's what I thought too. Besides, losing a queen doesn't feel good :P

Mrki

Don't know... The title just gives it away. It is just forced (for white) to check right away. Qd6+ is the only safe way to do so (any other white move is loosing for him/her), and the rest is easy. I didn't bother to see the combination, just checked.

larssun
yeewassup wrote:

usually these puzzles are well thought out, but i seem to see another mate in 5, is there anything wrong with:

Black can do Kf8 instead of Kh8 in you version ^^

rmano
yeewassup wrote:

It´s a double in solution, but i think the expected theme is the phillidor mate.

Rumpelstiltskin

i saw the same Mate that yeewassup saw! actually, is better, but this one still good!

rmano
WildChild_91 wrote:
yeewassup wrote:

Ol_hickory
WildChild_91 wrote:
yeewassup wrote:

And then Qf7 mate in four. Superior checkmate.

rmano

after Kf8 5 Qf7#

503oregonclimber
yeewassup wrote:

I see the same exact one.

asmonder
imiloje wrote:

classic. too easy

yes.

idraz

easy

peonReal

clever

OMIDKARIMI

NICE

Kebay

After I have first seen this motif, I started searching for sacrifices to achieve such a mate. Has not worked yet, but I love this mate :)

ReyRambler1960

A perfect masterpiece.Please be relevant, helpful & nice!

yumer123
yeewassup wrote:

i thought about that as well. good alternative

seb-seb

Wow.

labpi
yeewassup wrote:

labpi

yeewassup, how about 3...Kf8?

shon615

i know there is a name for this mate.....