x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

4/19/2012 - Sucker Punch

  • #121
    ndskykng wrote:
    slowhare wrote:

    Na, it ends pretty easy from there. +back up the c file and domination is there.

    Show me a line.  I'll show you how I'll give you a headache.  If all you got is

    3.. Rb8

    4. Rc6 Rb7

    then try again.  Surprise, I've outlasted mate-in-4.

    Chill man, you need to relax and have some fun.

    So I took your Q, your move.

  • #122

    Odd isn't it. Really odd and crazy.

  • #123

    Mighty fine.

  • #124
    slowhare wrote:

    Chill man, you need to relax and have some fun.

    So I took your Q, your move.

    The queen was gone LONG before 4..Rb7, get with the program.  Show me your line after 4...Rb7

    Again, checkmate in four is fun for me.  I've already had several players private message me and agree its stubborn for sticking to 1. Qxc6 as an equally effective move.  All the decent players recognize that you shouldn't allow Black to check at d4.  They just don't want to be involved in a stupid internet fight, which is understandable.

  • #125
    ndskykng wrote:
    slowhare wrote:

    Chill man, you need to relax and have some fun.

    So I took your Q, your move.

    The queen was gone LONG before 4..Rb7, get with the program.  Show me your line after 4...Rb7

    Again, checkmate in four is fun for me.  I've already had several players private message me and agree its stubborn for sticking to 1. Qxc6 as an equally effective move.  All the decent players recognize that you shouldn't allow Black to check at d4.  They just don't want to get into a stupid internet fight, which is understandable.

    Again, I never said Qxc6 is an equally effective move and I don't care to fight about it. I'm sitting in Sam's Club waiting for new tires to be mounted and have nothing better to do. You need to learn to chill for your own good.

  • #126

    simple but nice

  • #127

    hmm :)

  • #128
    slowhare wrote:
    Again, I never said Qxc6 is an equally effective move and I don't care to fight about it.
    slowhare wrote:

    Title gave it totally away.

    Qxc6 works too, only move for black is Qxd4+ followed by being wiped out.

    slowhare wrote:
    Said "works too", never said mate in 4, and black will be wiped out.

    You said it "works too," on multiple occasions, meaning you thought it was an equally effective move. Duh.  

    You also said Black will be "wiped out," and all I was trying to tell you is that Black will do everything he can to make his two rooks last as long as he can against the queen and rook.  Hell, just recently, you were "convinced" that backing up on the c-file would lead to domination.  

    slowhare wrote:

    Na, it ends pretty easy from there. +back up the c file and domination is there.

    Black will lose, but will by no means be "wiped out."  

    Enjoy Sam's Club dude.  Keep in mind that working with stubborn people that hold on to beliefs despite mounting evidence sucks just as much.

  • #129

    Not bad. 

  • #130

    NICE PUZZLE

  • #131

    Good!

  • #132

    cool and brilliant

  • #133
    ndskykng wrote:
    slowhare wrote:
    Again, I never said Qxc6 is an equally effective move and I don't care to fight about it.
    slowhare wrote:

    Title gave it totally away.

    Qxc6 works too, only move for black is Qxd4+ followed by being wiped out.

    slowhare wrote:
    Said "works too", never said mate in 4, and black will be wiped out.

    You said it "works too," on multiple occasions, meaning you thought it was an equally effective move. Duh.  

    You also said Black will be "wiped out," and all I was trying to tell you is that Black will do everything he can to make his two rooks last as long as he can against the queen and rook.  Hell, just recently, you were "convinced" that backing up on the c-file would lead to domination.  

    slowhare wrote:

    Na, it ends pretty easy from there. +back up the c file and domination is there.

    Black will lose, but will by no means be "wiped out."  

    Enjoy Sam's Club dude.  Keep in mind that working with stubborn people that hold on to beliefs despite mounting evidence sucks just as much.

    I hear ya. Done with sams, new tires on my daughters car, feel much better for that. You would think a 27 year old professional would have time to take care of that herself, but no, just gas & go.

  • #134

    Got it, devious!.

  • #135
    slowhare wrote:

    I hear ya. Done with sams, new tires on my daughters car, feel much better for that. You would think a 27 year old professional would have time to take care of that herself, but no, just gas & go.

    Ouch.

    Prob also means no time to change her oil either ;)

  • #136
    ndskykng wrote:
    slowhare wrote:

    I hear ya. Done with sams, new tires on my daughters car, feel much better for that. You would think a 27 year old professional would have time to take care of that herself, but no, just gas & go.

    Ouch.

    Prob also means no time to change her oil either ;)

    I do that too. For your enjoyment.

    Wiped out: 

  • #137

    That was too easy! Give a harder one!WinkWinkWinkBut its a good one.

  • #138

    A cute puzzle

  • #139
    slowhare wrote:

    Wiped out: 

    I thought we had already agreed that black was going to lose, but wasn't going to be "wiped out." Seriously dude, mate in 21 isn't being "wiped out" compared to mate in 4.  Every person on here would choose a quick mate-in-4 compared to having to think through this line. Look at all the time you've wasted thinking through 21 moves when already by move 7 I've branched off.  Check your definition of wiped out, and see if other people think that mate-in-21 meets that definition.

    Besides, if you have to clear out an escape square for your King, might as well make it count and take your chances with the queen.  She needs the help of either the King or one of the two pawns to mate anyway.  And again, despite being mated by the queen later in the line,


    it's not being "wiped out" in 4.  

  • #140

    Sucker Punch 1152x864  Wallpapers
    Sucker Punch 1152x864 Wallpapers

     
     

       

    Sucker Punch Wallpapers Comments
    Post Your Comment on Sucker Punch Wallpapers
      Your Name         Your Comment                
       

     

    Wallpapers Tags
     
Top

Online Now