4/19/2012 - Sucker Punch

nichalex

Odd isn't it. Really odd and crazy.

FredBatchelor

Mighty fine.

ndskykng
slowhare wrote:

Chill man, you need to relax and have some fun.

So I took your Q, your move.

The queen was gone LONG before 4..Rb7, get with the program.  Show me your line after 4...Rb7

Again, checkmate in four is fun for me.  I've already had several players private message me and agree its stubborn for sticking to 1. Qxc6 as an equally effective move.  All the decent players recognize that you shouldn't allow Black to check at d4.  They just don't want to be involved in a stupid internet fight, which is understandable.

slowhare
ndskykng wrote:
slowhare wrote:

Chill man, you need to relax and have some fun.

So I took your Q, your move.

The queen was gone LONG before 4..Rb7, get with the program.  Show me your line after 4...Rb7

Again, checkmate in four is fun for me.  I've already had several players private message me and agree its stubborn for sticking to 1. Qxc6 as an equally effective move.  All the decent players recognize that you shouldn't allow Black to check at d4.  They just don't want to get into a stupid internet fight, which is understandable.

Again, I never said Qxc6 is an equally effective move and I don't care to fight about it. I'm sitting in Sam's Club waiting for new tires to be mounted and have nothing better to do. You need to learn to chill for your own good.

domalius

simple but nice

deepak21071974

hmm :)

ndskykng
slowhare wrote:
Again, I never said Qxc6 is an equally effective move and I don't care to fight about it.
slowhare wrote:

Title gave it totally away.

Qxc6 works too, only move for black is Qxd4+ followed by being wiped out.

slowhare wrote:
Said "works too", never said mate in 4, and black will be wiped out.

You said it "works too," on multiple occasions, meaning you thought it was an equally effective move. Duh.  

You also said Black will be "wiped out," and all I was trying to tell you is that Black will do everything he can to make his two rooks last as long as he can against the queen and rook.  Hell, just recently, you were "convinced" that backing up on the c-file would lead to domination.  

slowhare wrote:

Na, it ends pretty easy from there. +back up the c file and domination is there.

Black will lose, but will by no means be "wiped out."  

Enjoy Sam's Club dude.  Keep in mind that working with stubborn people that hold on to beliefs despite mounting evidence sucks just as much.

blakewalk

Not bad. 

joemarpb

NICE PUZZLE

winaxpc

Good!

pajayjay

cool and brilliant

slowhare
ndskykng wrote:
slowhare wrote:
Again, I never said Qxc6 is an equally effective move and I don't care to fight about it.
slowhare wrote:

Title gave it totally away.

Qxc6 works too, only move for black is Qxd4+ followed by being wiped out.

slowhare wrote:
Said "works too", never said mate in 4, and black will be wiped out.

You said it "works too," on multiple occasions, meaning you thought it was an equally effective move. Duh.  

You also said Black will be "wiped out," and all I was trying to tell you is that Black will do everything he can to make his two rooks last as long as he can against the queen and rook.  Hell, just recently, you were "convinced" that backing up on the c-file would lead to domination.  

slowhare wrote:

Na, it ends pretty easy from there. +back up the c file and domination is there.

Black will lose, but will by no means be "wiped out."  

Enjoy Sam's Club dude.  Keep in mind that working with stubborn people that hold on to beliefs despite mounting evidence sucks just as much.

I hear ya. Done with sams, new tires on my daughters car, feel much better for that. You would think a 27 year old professional would have time to take care of that herself, but no, just gas & go.

MartinUKL

Got it, devious!.

ndskykng
slowhare wrote:

I hear ya. Done with sams, new tires on my daughters car, feel much better for that. You would think a 27 year old professional would have time to take care of that herself, but no, just gas & go.

Ouch.

Prob also means no time to change her oil either ;)

slowhare
ndskykng wrote:
slowhare wrote:

Ouch.

Prob also means no time to change her oil either ;)

I do that too. For your enjoyment.

Wiped out: 

The_Hugatunk

That was too easy! Give a harder one!WinkWinkWinkBut its a good one.

umut26

A cute puzzle

ndskykng
slowhare wrote:

Wiped out: 

I thought we had already agreed that black was going to lose, but wasn't going to be "wiped out." Seriously dude, mate in 21 isn't being "wiped out" compared to mate in 4.  Every person on here would choose a quick mate-in-4 compared to having to think through this line. Look at all the time you've wasted thinking through 21 moves when already by move 7 I've branched off.  Check your definition of wiped out, and see if other people think that mate-in-21 meets that definition.

Besides, if you have to clear out an escape square for your King, might as well make it count and take your chances with the queen.  She needs the help of either the King or one of the two pawns to mate anyway.  And again, despite being mated by the queen later in the line,

it's not being "wiped out" in 4.  

lbtr74aao

Sucker Punch 1152x864  Wallpapers
Sucker Punch 1152x864 Wallpapers

Sucker Punch Wallpapers Comments
Post Your Comment on Sucker Punch Wallpapers
  Your Name         Your Comment                

Wallpapers Tags

BubbaD

Awww, yes the ole dreaded "sucker Punch"