4/20/2012 - Mate in 3

lph

nice one

Ocky

Good one

RyanEnder
prativa_pralh wrote:

Ya, you're puzzle is wrong there smart guy. Maybe spend less time spamming and you would've seen. Queen to G4 on move 2 would have been Checkmate for white.

Pavrey

The great mate starts with a pawn move (like a journey of a thousand miles starts with a small step)

abekiroz

nice one

Mr_Mallard

too easy

RealDarren
prativa_pralh wrote:

Why not 3.Bxe4?

Seems to me that that works too.

zero0cripton

As easy as 3.14159265... oh wait, wrong one...

CaissaGod

[FEN "3r1b2/p2k4/1p3pp1/1NP1n3/1B2P1n1/2PpPbK1/PR1P4/7r b - - 0 1"]

3r1b2/p2k4/1p3pp1/1NP1n3/1B2P1n1/2PpPbK1/PR1P4/7r b - - 0 1

Black to move and mate in 3....please list all variations in the answer (this was from an actual game I played last night.

"Great u solved it, but you didn't list all the possible variations...the white king can actually go to two squares...Kh3 or Kh4 without being mated in two (with 3. Rg8+ Kf4  4. Bh6++)as after Bxc5 any any all legal moves in the position by white lead to Rh8++...white doesn't have to take back with his/her bishop.

So how many 3 move mating variations are there....still counting. Actual game went 3. Rb8+ Kf4 4. Bh6++. I was hoping he would have played the best defense with Kh3 or Kh4 (though he was lost anyhow).

PS: By the way the white king can't go to h2 after my Rg1+ as you listed in the (much abbreviated solution)

PSS: I'm simply amazed at the reply posts which state they found the puzzle easy as no one did as I asked and listed the (massive list) of 3 move variations leading to mate in 3 by black! I'm still counting all possible three-move variations myself which makes this chess puzzle a "pain in the arse" to "properly" solve by listing all 3 move mates in the position (required for any mate-in-? puzzle)...easy?

prakhar9998

nice puzzle

fearless2play

had to be!!

RSTAR45

Tongue Out

ndskykng
CaissaGod wrote:

Black to move and mate in 3....please list all variations in the answer (this was from an actual game I played last night.

Congrats on your win Caissa.

Bigtags7

Sweet moves Tongue out

srisaravana

Nice one, not much difficult for me

idraz

nice

sediments
pyramider wrote:

great puzzle.

I need a favor: Would someone please explain to me the point behind making 9 empty posts, like writing 9 nine times in 9 different posts or some such odd and silly use of a space that essentially belongs to everybody.

I know that chess players are normally smart; but smart people are not immune to mental illness.  Perhaps some members should be forced to take their meds before visiting the site.

OF course if there is a deep, hidden meaning to all of this then I will visit a psychiatrist myself.  I think you have to repeat things many times fro no reason.  That is my personal opinion myself. My persaonal opinion, myself, myself, mice elf, mice elf, myself, mic elf, myself, ice elf, myself, my meds..read nine times I am too tired muce elf, mice elf.. 

/agree

good call: prativa_prahl from nepal is spamming the wall, y'all

FredBatchelor

Good one.

vamsikrishna2012

super mama ready 1234Cool

pbazan

Very nice... I like it!