4/5/2012 - Mate in 3

saqlain5699

nice

rachaelh
Apteris wrote:
gilbertjjs wrote:

Uhm, I think I missed something?

Took me a second too. After Qb4+ black can't capture with Qxb4 because that allows white to promote d7 to a Queen and mate (because of the Bishop on g2). Kg8 is black's only move.

rachaelh

Thanks for posting this comment. I didn't understand why black wouldn't just take Qb4. :-)

ndskykng
invisible_saint wrote:

So dumb. If You are close to mate I am not doing down without a fight. I would have def taken the queen, not my move king.

Gotcha.  So allowing yourself to get checkmated by the lowly pawn is "putting up more of a fight" than refusing to let White dictate the deflection to you.  Good to know.

Gil-Gandel
invisible_saint wrote:

So dumb. If You are close to mate I am not doing down without a fight. I would have def taken the queen, not my move king.

If you call being mated a move earlier "not going down without a fight", knock yourself out. Laughing

carlosmadura

good

clint35

That doesn't make any sense. Why wouldn't black's queen just take the white queen instead of moving the King? That gets him out of check and captures white's queen. DUH!

chessica

I dont agree, why the black queen woudnt capture white queen ????

Ineedphenylalanine

LaughingI got it right the first time again.

kana01

Could have also done

Qb4+, Qxb4

p=Q or Rd8#

doublebruce

14  Hours  ;  Alice  I am going to send you to the moon.

Choique
briansladovich wrote:

Clever first move.

Primer movida muy inteligente, necesité ayuda.

Easeland

"Vagina, I Am Good Pen, You Told Me Yours, Love" - Peacespeare "Full Moon Fever?" Hey You Nice Queen Sacrifice "When Life Becomes Duty It Ceases Fruiting!" - Uncle Muccer "Bloody Flu... It Is." Nice Queen Sacrifice IndeedSmile

brucexsay

bluejay2000

I had a hard time getting the first move.

Ameer-Es
briansladovich wrote:

Clever first move.

ya that was awesome :D

chickennuggetdude

gōød püžżłę

Bfx

Didn't see.

raydog1977

that made no sense....his queen would've killed my queen as her first move.  am i missing something??

gerfinn
raydog1977 wrote:

that made no sense....his queen would've killed my queen as her first move.  am i missing something??

I'm in the boat with you!  I think we must be missing something, though I can see it.