Good Puzzle. Nicely.

SRINI2508

good one

FredBatchelor

Mighty fine.

sayouka

hello Cool

jeshirley

Question for those of you wiser than I - would moving the pawn at b2 to b4 not be checkmate?  Am I missing some obscure rule here? Or have I not had enough caffeine and am missing something obvious?

mason286

1qaz2wsx3edc4rfv5tgb6yhn7ujm8ik,9ol.0p;/-['=]

ndskykng
jeshirley wrote:

Question for those of you wiser than I - would moving the pawn at b2 to b4 not be checkmate?  Am I missing some obscure rule here? Or have I not had enough caffeine and am missing something obvious?

You haven't cleared the c4 square yet.  However, once you're able to move the knight to b3 and d2, then the c4 square is covered.  That's why after 2. Nd2+  the king can't go back to the square c5.  Cause THEN b4 is checkmate, once c4 is locked up.

shahronakm

Good one.

jeshirley
ndskykng wrote:
jeshirley wrote:

You haven't cleared the c4 square yet.  However, once you're able to move the knight to b3, then d2, then the c4 square is covered.  That's why after 2. Nd2+  the king can't go back to the square c5.  Cause THEN b4 is checkmate, once c4 is locked up.

See - lack of caffeine. Thanks!

Mr_Mallard

hiSmile

chessblood

Good puzzle. Actually understood it.

33rd

vanhafford

Thanks for the lesson!  Nice mate in six moves for white!

szammie

Cool.

SZ.

biat

very good one :)

senormouse2001

Got it. Nice one.

deepak21071974

hmm:)

Adriano8

Bad puzzle

Odinnhs