4/6/2012 - Mate in 6

Good Puzzle. Nicely.

good one

Mighty fine.

hello Cool

Question for those of you wiser than I - would moving the pawn at b2 to b4 not be checkmate?  Am I missing some obscure rule here? Or have I not had enough caffeine and am missing something obvious?

1qaz2wsx3edc4rfv5tgb6yhn7ujm8ik,9ol.0p;/-['=]

jeshirley wrote:

Question for those of you wiser than I - would moving the pawn at b2 to b4 not be checkmate?  Am I missing some obscure rule here? Or have I not had enough caffeine and am missing something obvious?

You haven't cleared the c4 square yet.  However, once you're able to move the knight to b3 and d2, then the c4 square is covered.  That's why after 2. Nd2+  the king can't go back to the square c5.  Cause THEN b4 is checkmate, once c4 is locked up.

Good one.

ndskykng wrote:
    jeshirley wrote:

You haven't cleared the c4 square yet.  However, once you're able to move the knight to b3, then d2, then the c4 square is covered.  That's why after 2. Nd2+  the king can't go back to the square c5.  Cause THEN b4 is checkmate, once c4 is locked up.

See - lack of caffeine. Thanks!

hiSmile

32nd post

Good puzzle. Actually understood it.

33rd

Thanks for the lesson!  Nice mate in six moves for white!

Cool.

SZ.

very good one :)

Got it. Nice one.

hmm:)

Bad puzzle

sick!

or Join

Online Now