5/12/2012 - Mate in 5

  • #21

    It's broken.

  • #22

    i needs help.........................................................Surprised

  • #23

    yep, it's broke for me too.

  • #24
    swadhin1 wrote:

    now this one doesn't work, but the old one does!

    Good point.

  • #25

    Isn't it mate in 4?

    1.Nf7+..Kg8 , 2.Nh6++..Kf8 , 3.Qg8+..Qxg8 , 4.Nf7#

  • #26

    Is it just my browser, or do yours load mate in 52?

     

    P.S. - To all the people who couldn't get the working puzzle, here it is: http://www.chess.com/forum/view/daily-puzzles/5122012---mate-in-5 

  • #27

    Frown

  • #28

    GabrielBedard wrote:

    "Isn't it mate in 4? 

    1.Nf7+..Kg8 , 2.Nh6++..Kf8 , 3.Qg8+..Qxg8 , 4.Nf7#"

    I think 4 ..Qxf7 means it isn't mate and leaves white in trouble. 

    I see  

    1.Nf7+..Kg8 , 2.Nd8+..Kh8 3.Qe8+..Ng8 4.Qxg8..Kg8 5.Re8#

  • #29
    DeepGreene wrote:

    First! Er.. I mean "fixed!" ;)

    it doesnt work again lol xD

  • #30

    Yeah, I'm having some issues with this one as well. I have two boards and one 1/2 works but after the first move the computer doesn't respond. Puzzle seems relatively simple.

  • #31

    cool puzzle had to solve it mentally. Figured the checkmate finisihed with the rook. The knights moves were obviously going to be instrumental tosetting up the rook mate.

  • #32

    It's not working on my comptuer with either google chrome or IE.

  • #33
    ganv wrote:

    GabrielBedard wrote:

    "Isn't it mate in 4? 

    1.Nf7+..Kg8 , 2.Nh6++..Kf8 , 3.Qg8+..Qxg8 , 4.Nf7#"

    I think 4 ..Qxf7 means it isn't mate and leaves white in trouble. 

    I see  

    1.Nf7+..Kg8 , 2.Nd8+..Kh8 3.Qe8+..Ng8 4.Qxg8..Kg8 5.Re8#

    1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nh6+ Kf8 3. Qf7#.

    1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nd8+ Kh8 3. Qe8+ Ng8 4. Nf7#.

    1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nd8+ Kh8 3. Qe8+ Nxe8 4. Rxe8+ Bf8 5. Rxf8#.

    With best defense by black it is a checkmate in five.

    On 1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nd8+ Kh8 3. Qe8+ Ng8, if 4. Qxg8+ then 4...Kxg8 5. Re8+ is not checkmate because of 5...Bf8.  No checkmate.

     


     

  • #34

    broken... but still nice...

  • #35

    nice...

  • #36

    Hope they re-post. Looked like a good one.
    Still broke.
    Windows 7 using google chrome. 

  • #37

    still broken...

  • #38
    Bryan681972 wrote:

    I see  

    1.Nf7+..Kg8 , 2.Nd8+..Kh8 3.Qe8+..Ng8 4.Qxg8..Kg8 5.Re8#

    1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nh6+ Kf8 3. Qf7#.

    1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nd8+ Kh8 3. Qe8+ Ng8 4. Nf7#.

    1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nd8+ Kh8 3. Qe8+ Nxe8 4. Rxe8+ Bf8 5. Rxf8#.

    With best defense by black it is a checkmate in five.

    On 1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nd8+ Kh8 3. Qe8+ Ng8, if 4. Qxg8+ then 4...Kxg8 5. Re8+ is not checkmate because of 5...Bf8.  No checkmate.

    Thanks.  I missed the Bf8 block which extends mine to mate in 6.

    I don't understand your first line.  After 2. Nh6+, black would play Kh8 not Kf8.

    Your last line looks right:

    1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nd8+ Kh8 3. Qe8+ Nxe8 4. Rxe8+ Bf8 5. Rxf8#.

  • #39
    ganv wrote:
    Bryan681972 wrote:

    I see  

    1.Nf7+..Kg8 , 2.Nd8+..Kh8 3.Qe8+..Ng8 4.Qxg8..Kg8 5.Re8#

    1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nh6+ Kf8 3. Qf7#.

    1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nd8+ Kh8 3. Qe8+ Ng8 4. Nf7#.

    1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nd8+ Kh8 3. Qe8+ Nxe8 4. Rxe8+ Bf8 5. Rxf8#.

    With best defense by black it is a checkmate in five.

    On 1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nd8+ Kh8 3. Qe8+ Ng8, if 4. Qxg8+ then 4...Kxg8 5. Re8+ is not checkmate because of 5...Bf8.  No checkmate.

    Thanks.  I missed the Bf8 block which extends mine to mate in 6.

    I don't understand your first line.  After 2. Nh6+, black would play Kh8 not Kf8.

    Your last line looks right:

    1. Nf7+ Kg8 2. Nd8+ Kh8 3. Qe8+ Nxe8 4. Rxe8+ Bf8 5. Rxf8#.

    My 2...Kf8 line was a correction of the GabrielBedard line you responded to, although I'm sure it was supposed to read 2...Kh8.  Sorry for the confusion.

  • #40
    GabrielBedard wrote:

    Isn't it mate in 4?

    1.Nf7+..Kg8 , 2.Nh6++..Kf8 , 3.Qg8+..Qxg8 , 4.Nf7#

    No, 1.Nf7+..Kg8 , 2.Nh6++..Kh8 , 3.Qg8+???..Qxg8 , 4.Nf7+??? Qxf7

or Join

Online Now