carlosmadura

nice

sesentaycuatro

happy.png

gdt2

t

Arisktotle
Nickchess11322 wrote:

why does everyone on the first page say, "done!" even though they probably haven't even completed the puzzle?

It's more imortant to them to be on the first page than to do the puzzle. So they first say they did it and then they do it, if at all.

By the way, not much worth doing. This puzzle has the awful smell of a lifeless engine all over it.

Joel_Stevens

That was tough.

SchachChamps

Good one! wink.png

darlochessenthusiast

I do not understand the 2nd move. I hope that someone will post some analysis to explain this to me. I do understand something of the puzzle, which is that when black puts his queen on E4, then the queens would be exchanged, with black re-capturing with his knight! AND THEN THAT KNIGHT WOULD NO LONGER BE PROTECTING THE OTHER KNIGHT. So after another exchange of rooks, with black re-capturing with his king, the black king and knight will be on the same row (is this called rank?), with them 3 squares apart. So the other white rook will be able to check the king, and then capture the black knight. So he will then be the exchange up. It'll still be quite difficult to engineer the win, although white has pawns which would be able to queen unless black gives up his knight. Regards, David

ReyRambler1960

💡💡💡💡💡

jdwalkerMN
darlochessenthusiast wrote:

I do not understand the 2nd move. I hope that someone will post some analysis to explain this to me. I do understand something of the puzzle, which is that when black puts his queen on E4, then the queens would be exchanged, with black re-capturing with his knight! AND THEN THAT KNIGHT WOULD NO LONGER BE PROTECTING THE OTHER KNIGHT. So after another exchange of rooks, with black re-capturing with his king, the black king and knight will be on the same row (is this called rank?), with them 3 squares apart. So the other white rook will be able to check the king, and then capture the black knight. So he will then be the exchange up. It'll still be quite difficult to engineer the win, although white has pawns which would be able to queen unless black gives up his knight. Regards, David

White's second move 2. Qg4 threatens Rxg6+, winning Black's queen. It also guards d1 so that the Black queen can't give check on that square. So it's a strong move. An exact analysis of why it's better than all the alternatives is beyond me, however!

I think the win is pretty easy after White goes up the exchange. Black's g2 pawn is dead and his Q-side pawns are in a lot of danger.

D-mur
USAuPzlBxBob написал:
marinasmile wrote:

ох и сложно было с подсказками пришлось решать

Это определенно было трудно, слишком трудно для меня.

Я только с одной подсказкой решил!