6/22/2018 - Jan H.Marwitz, 1986

human_robot

Wow!!  That was a lot of fun!!

Arisktotle
BryanCFB wrote:

#102: diagram analysis

 Ah, you added an important variation with 1. .. Bg6+ since it echoes the other knight sacrifice in the main line. Both lines enable the white king to keep the black bishop off the h1-a8 diagonal. Echo's and (magnet) sacrifices greatly enhance the value of an endgame composition!

 

(sorry to make a bit of a mess of my earlier comments; I now removed the redundant ones)

CitizenOfTheWorld91
Arisktotle wrote:
BryanCFB wrote:

#102: diagram analysis

 Ah, you added an important variation with 1. .. Bg6+ since it echoes the other knight sacrifice in the main line. Both lines enable the white king to keep the black bishop off the h1-a8 diagonal. Echo's and (magnet) sacrifices greatly enhance the value of an endgame composition!

 

(sorry to make a bit of a mess of my earlier comments; I now removed the redundant ones)

thumbup.png

BryanCFB
BryanCFB wrote:

What is the winning method for white after 2...e4+!? instead of 2...Bxd5?

Thank you Arisktotle for pointing out the winning method for white after 2...e4+.  Obviously I found 2...e4+ to be a tougher move to meet than 2...Bxd5 and the line you provide did nothing to change that!

Rocky64
CitizenOfTheWorld91 wrote:
Arisktotle wrote:
#22: CitizenOfTheWorld91 wrote:

Good analysis except for a few details:

 

if 2. .. e4 then not 3. Kxe4? Ka6! and the pin frustrates the knight forks, but 3. Kd4 e3 4. Nc7+ Kb4! 5. Kd3! and wins. A very fine variation!

 

Yes, you're right about 3. Kxe4, but it's not a big deal. A minor loss of tempo to free the King from the pin, though it is needless and sloppy.

 

BryanCFB wrote:

What is the winning method for white after 2...e4+!? instead of 2...Bxd5?

Just to clarify, after 2...e4+, tablebases show that 3.Kd4 is only winning move, e.g. 3...e3 4.Nc7+ Kb6 5.a8=Q Bxa8 6.Nxa8+ Kb7 7.Kxe3. If 3.Kxe4?, Black has multiple ways to draw: 3...Ka6/Kc5/Kc4/Ba8.

CitizenOfTheWorld91

Ah, indeed! I now see that after 2... e4+, the only winning move for White is 3. Kd4.

It's all moot to me at this point anyway since, apparently, a mistake in an analysis is grounds for post nuking by the admins, as is the case with my now nuked post #22 where I mistakenly advocated for 3. Kxe4.

Speaks volumes really about the nature of democracy and freedom of speech in the West and the lies of their alleged superior moral values. All human kind is fascist, some of them just have better tools at their disposal.

BryanCFB
CitizenOfTheWorld91 wrote:

Ah, indeed! I now see that after 2... e4+, the only winning move for White is 3. Kd4.

It's all moot to me at this point anyway since, apparently, a mistake in an analysis is grounds for post nuking by the admins, as is the case with my now nuked post #22 where I mistakenly advocated for 3. Kxe4.

Speaks volumes really about the nature of democracy and freedom of speech in the West and the lies of their alleged superior moral values. All human kind is fascist, some of them just have better tools at their disposal.

I sincerely doubt it was removed because it contained an analysis error(s).  Was it originally posted at #22 and then moved up to the first page after two or more posts ahead of yours were removed by the moderator?  And once yours reached the first page it might have been removed because page 1 is not supposed to contain any analysis as to not inadvertently give solving hints in case anyone scrolls down the page before solving the puzzle.  At least on one occasion I have had analysis removed for that very reason.

CitizenOfTheWorld91
BryanCFB wrote:
CitizenOfTheWorld91 wrote:

Ah, indeed! I now see that after 2... e4+, the only winning move for White is 3. Kd4.

It's all moot to me at this point anyway since, apparently, a mistake in an analysis is grounds for post nuking by the admins, as is the case with my now nuked post #22 where I mistakenly advocated for 3. Kxe4.

Speaks volumes really about the nature of democracy and freedom of speech in the West and the lies of their alleged superior moral values. All human kind is fascist, some of them just have better tools at their disposal.

I sincerely doubt it was removed because it contained an analysis error(s).  Was it originally posted at #22 and then moved up to the first page after two or more posts ahead of yours were removed by the moderator?  And once yours reached the first page it might have been removed because page 1 is not supposed to contain any analysis as to not inadvertently give solving hints in case anyone scrolls down the page before solving the puzzle.  At least on one occasion I have had analysis removed for that very reason.

Thanks for pointing that out. I was about to lash out at the Trump administration.

fightingbob
BryanCFB wrote:

What is the winning method for white after 2...e4+!? instead of 2...Bxd5?

Just got to your analysis today and also Peter's follow up.  You both provide for this specific endgame study what I would call zwischenzug variations as a well needed antidote to the gross limitations of the linear "Daily Puzzle."  I particularly liked the 1...Bg6+ and 1...e4+ lines and clever in-between try 2...e4+ in the main line.

CitizenOfTheWorld91
fightingbob wrote:
BryanCFB wrote:

What is the winning method for white after 2...e4+!? instead of 2...Bxd5?

Just got to your analysis today and also Peter's follow up.  You both provide for this specific endgame study what I would call zwischenzug variations as a well needed antidote to the gross limitations of the linear "Daily Puzzle."  I particularly liked the 1...Bg6+ and 1...e4+ lines and clever in-between try 2...e4+ in the main line.

Well said. I totally agree with you! wink.png

DamTiVidle
[COMMENT DELETED]
kurtizan
kurtizan írta:

2...e4+,

3 Kxe4, Kc3 and?

 

 

kurtizan

Sorry!

3... Kc4

But 3.Kd4 is enough

Jill_McBain

cry.png