FREE - In Google Play
FREE - in Win Phone Store
awesome puzzle, the most difficult this is 2000 level
oscar12345 should be deleted and locked up
After 2.Ng4. Black King MUST move to h8 to unpin his g7 pawn, else 3.Rxh6#
3. Nxh6 threatens:
3. ... gxh6, 4. Rxh6# or3. ... Kh7, 4. Nh5# .... so, Black plays3. ... Bh7 -- Now 4. Nh5 or other movement by the Knight is not a discovered checkmate.
So now white goes for a "smothered mate"
i totally agree with asokanelson
I faced a bunch of questions as I tried to analyse this game from the Black player's point of view. Does anyone else seem to feel that the Black's moves were meaningless to certain extent or am I the dumb fellow here?
1. After Rh3, I think i would be better to move Qd8, for the queen can be expeccted to be of more use than the Bishop. Does anyone think otherwise?
2. Even after Ng4, where a defeat looks imminent for the Black, why Kh8, bcoz it is gonna corner the King, who is already in trouble..?
3. After the knight takes the Bishop, why not kill the Knight with the pawn on g7?
1. Rh3 Qd8 2. Rxh6+ Kxh6 3. Qg6#.
1. Rh3 Be4 2. Ng4 threatens immediate 3. Rxh6# so 2...Kh8 unpins the g-pawn so if 3. Rxh6+ gxh6.
1. Rh3 Be4 2. Ng4 Kh8 3. Nxh6 gxh6 4. Rxh6+ Bh7 5. Qxh7# or 5. Rxh7#. Still mate in five.
very nice! but me too! i also have a puzzle guys. here: white to move:
Took me a little bit...
Thank you Bryan681972. That was informative
asokanelson, I think oscar deleted all his bad messages...
I tried this puzzle (without a program). What about Bb3? Should also win?
On either axb2 or cxb2 I would play Ba2, so you can't b1Q. Is that a possible solution or am I too blind?
3. Qxg7 also wins... >.> And in fewer turns...
If 3. Qxg7+ then 3...Kxg7. No checkmate.
here some Chess principles ( for the Chess Enthousiastic )In the attack on the ( Castled ) King one should Consider and think of:- Gaining Access ( Forging a Breach in the King's Defences )- Bringing up Pieces ( Strenghtening the Attack ) ^- Eliminating the Defenders ( Weakening the Defense )
with Credits to Task Chess Tutor.Ofcourse we also take the ' versa ' into account:
An unsafe king is generally the greatest weakness a position can have. Typical elements that weakens the king’s safety:
Tip: Since the safety of the king is so important, it is one of the main principles of chess strategy during the opening stage of the game. The other important principles of chess strategy during the opening is effective development of the pieces and your share of control in the centre.With Credits to Chess Knights from FaceBook.http://www.chess-strategies-tactics.com/chess-strategies