x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

7/14/2007 - Seems obvious but why does it work?

nice one
    jay wrote: I have a hard time believing all you people who say "easy". Do we really have THAT many GMs on here? I have a feeling the same people that are always saying easy to the puzzles are going to be the ones rated < 1000 in email chess. :)

excellent point jay, i was always thinking the same thing. i bet half the people who simply type in 'easy that' are simply spamming for posts (which is awfully sad).

jay wrote: I have a hard time believing all you people who say "easy". Do we really have THAT many GMs on here? I have a feeling the same people that are always saying easy to the puzzles are going to be the ones rated < 1000 in email chess. :)

I disagree.I believe this was an easy puzzle to solve(nice however).Especially the first move with the rook sacrifice is obvious.The point for me is that:I and many more  players solved that puzzle because "Chess.com" told us that exists a combination or exists a puzzle.Is much much more harder to discover all these combinations to a game that you play at a tournament for example.No one will tell you at reality that at some point there is a winning combination..You have to find it only by yourself..

a

Yeah, What would happen if he did not take the 2nd Rook...

ADK

SImple.

nice one

Online Now