7/3/2014 - Mate in 3

  • #161
    7nilac wrote:

    A wise man is brought before the King to be punished.
    The King says, "You must give me a statement. If it is true, you will killed by lions. If it is false, you will be killed by snakes"
    But in the end, the King has to let the man go.
    What was the wise man's statement?

    Have a nice day!

    This statement is false.  It is therefore neither true or false, therefore the king must let him go.

  • #162

    Good

  • #163

    This puzzle is wrong. Why would one go for mate in 3 when there is an obvious mate in 2 moves.. :-/

    1. Nxc5+   Kd8

    2. Qd7#

  • #164
    rsankalp wrote:

    This puzzle is wrong. Why would one go for mate in 3 when there is an obvious mate in 2 moves.. :-/

    1. Nxc5+   Kd8

    2. Qd7#

    Because black won't play Kd8, he'll play Ne7.  Black is still losing but the imminent forced mate is gone.

  • #165
    7nilac wrote:

    A wise man is brought before the King to be punished.
    The King says, "You must give me a statement. If it is true, you will killed by lions. If it is false, you will be killed by snakes"
    But in the end, the King has to let the man go.
    What was the wise man's statement?

    Have a nice day!

    "I will be killed by snakes."

  • #166

    nice and straightforward mate with forced moves only

  • #167

    7nilac: Is it, "I will be killed by snakes."  ?Please be relevant, helpful & nice!

  • #168

    hmm :)

  • #169

    Why not play Nc7 as the first move for the discovery double check and the rook and king fork? 

  • #170
    dshanker wrote:

    Why not play Nc7 as the first move for the discovery double check and the rook and king fork? 

    Nc7+, Kd8, Re8+, Kd7 and no mate in 3

  • #171
    [COMMENT DELETED]
Top
or Join

Online Now