7/6/2013 - Short and Sweet

easy as! 

this makes NO SENSE!!! Queen can take the knight. DUH!

hard

This was nice.

boot10 wrote:

valtzen wrote  why not qxq? because nh6#

boot10  that's not what i said...  i said it was .."interesting as to why black could not take QxQ"       in any of the scenarios...

it must be late at night for you.     up for coffee???  :)

tazkw escribió:

why doesnt black Q take night instead of QXQ?? Then white is out manned. 

Si la dama negra captura el caballo, entonces Qf6! con mate imparable!!

Then... Q to Bishop6 (old annotation)...

cool

puzzle

bye bros!

anyone please explain; after Rd7 why it was necessary to capture the rook with bd7??? why couldnt black captute QxQ when white knight is still on e3. Then obvious response from white would be RxQ. Then .. Rd8 by black would stop any immediate threat for checkmate. 

If black defends correctly then it is not short to mate. Instead of ...2Bxd7 black should capture the queen.

I don't get it ! , if the Queen went to the knight , what will happen ?

RenDubai wrote:

anyone please explain; after Rd7 why it was necessary to capture the rook with bd7??? why couldnt black captute QxQ when white knight is still on e3. Then obvious response from white would be RxQ. Then .. Rd8 by black would stop any immediate threat for checkmate. 

True, but then white would be up a piece for a pawn and just be winning.  Very short and sweet indeed!

Oh I see... If Q takes Q then Nh6. If Q takes Knight then Qf6!

Cool

valtzen wrote:

v   very interesting as to why black cannot QxQ

Why can't black QxQ?

PresidentBerry wrote:

Oh I see... If Q takes Q then Nh6. If Q takes Knight then Qf6!

Ahh ... very nice

:)

1koolkat wrote:

this makes NO SENSE!!! Queen can take the knight. DUH!

You obviously didn't think this through. Once that happens, it'll be Qf6 then mate. DUH!

This is an excellent puzzle. I checked the other options for black. After RxNd7, try QxQe7, RxQe7... after this Ng4 is always going to be a mate. Pawn move like F6 is going to yield nothing bcos Re8 is simply going to win the game for you. when the black knight on D7 is lost black is doomed.

k

or Join

Online Now