8/14/2018 - Mate Or Material

DailyFun
orenzmendoza

first time to be in this position....#maulawakmildred

dedolletoren

Very difficult, but I solved it in a sec so I had time to be on First Page. Now my whole day will be fine.

ellr16

Spoiler: Both queens are threatening checkmate. Black can mate on h2 (and g2 if the rook wasn't there). White can check on c3, leading to mate, if the queen was gone. White must block the 2nd rank or defend the h2 square, while black must defend the a1-h8 diagonal. Re3 forces the queen to move somewhere on the diagonal, leaving the rook hanging.

I found this harder than previous ones, but it was a great puzzle. I wasn't considering many options as I thought the move had to be a check. I didn't register that Qc3+ was a threat.

Also the link under the Learn dropdown menu for the puzzle isn't working. (Edit: Now it's working)

monojussi

A bit tough for a Tuesday puzzle.

jpeinsc
ok
msh05

FP!!

r2d2bb8

Wasn't accessible until now in the American server, chess.com may want to work on this "bug", it happened before. Time accessible in USA: 12:11 AM. Time usually accessible: 12:00 AM or a bit sooner. Time accessible for the eastern part of globe (europe, africa, australia, asia): 12:00 AM PDT.

What a brilliant puzzle though… A true masterpiece.

JangYeongSil

null

https://www.chess.com/club/chess-newbiez
This is a club for people under 1500 who wants to get better at chess .
Hi guys! You can join ! Everyone can
Let's make this a wonderful journey for everyone on chess.com Here you can post your OWN ideas , games played , puzzles and get help by other NewbieZ! It's a place where you can learn something if you contribute and help others too!

Club Motto : Together getting better!

jorb8

yup

shellman211

HiHo...Only 11 after all this time!!

jayantaranjan

Good

ryeguy00

yeet

Saaalocin

why queen don't take e2

tomdalsan

done

hex999

why didn't the black queen go for the rook ????

jean22

done

ruhk34

fp

arnabpaul82
hex999 wrote:

why didn't the black queen go for the rook ????

If Black Queen takes the rook, then Qc3+ and mate in 1-2 moves

BhushanKokal

Yeah, why black queen did not capture rook, did not get today's puzzle...