crolen

ok

StevenPatzer

That is a keeper.

TwistInTheTail

seriously? 

BryanCFB

sharpshooter1125

After King is at h3, black queen is go to h6. white queen to h5. Black queen to h5.

sharpshooter1125

doesn't that work?

BryanCFB
sharpshooter1125 wrote:

After King is at h3, black queen is go to h6. white queen to h5. Black queen to h5.

After 3..Qh6+ white has 4. Kg4.  No checkmate for black.  White wins.

sharpshooter1125
BryanCFB wrote:
sharpshooter1125 wrote:

???

BryanCFB
sharpshooter1125 wrote:
BryanCFB wrote:
sharpshooter1125 wrote:

???

Try playing it out on an analysis board.

sharpshooter1125

after King h3, Qh6, Qh5, Qxh5#. Thats checkmate isnt it? Isnt that also checkmate

sharpshooter1125

ill reply 2morrow, sleepy

BryanCFB
sharpshooter1125 wrote:

after King h3, Qh6, Qh5, Qxh5#. Thats checkmate isnt it? Isnt that also checkmate

Yes that's checkmate but white is not forced to go into your line.  If instead of walking into checkmate with 4. Qh5 Qxh5# white walks out of check with 4. Kg4 then not only does black not have immediate checkmate but black will not be able to checkmate at all.  And with white being up in material white will go on to win.

BryanCFB
sharpshooter1125 wrote:

ill reply 2morrow, sleepy

Good night.

MrJafari

hard!

sharpshooter1125
BryanCFB wrote:
sharpshooter1125 wrote:

Yes that's checkmate but white is not forced to go into your line.  If instead of walking into checkmate with 4. Qh5 Qxh5# white walks out of check with 4. Kg4 then not only does black not have immediate checkmate but black will not be able to checkmate at all.  And with white being up in material white will go on to win.

Thanks, I get it now. If white moves queen instead of king its  checkmate. If white moves king then white is screwed. I get it now. 

sharpshooter1125

A 50/50

sharpshooter1125
sharpshooter1125 wrote:
BryanCFB wrote:
sharpshooter1125 wrote:

Thanks, I get it now. If white moves queen instead of king its  checkmate. If white moves king then white is screwed. I get it now. 

A 50/50 but then the moves the puzzle does is 100% garunteed win

BryanCFB
sharpshooter1125 wrote:
sharpshooter1125 wrote:
BryanCFB wrote:
sharpshooter1125 wrote:

A 50/50 but then the moves the puzzle does is 100% garunteed win

That's because the puzzle solution contains the best move for the side to play (in this case black) at every turn (on move 7 black has two choices which work equally well).  That is how legitimate chess puzzles are supposed to work. 

Quite often on Chess.com the puzzle solution contains inferior moves for the defending side.  This is usually done to demonstrate a tactic and/or key theme.  In the case of this puzzle there was nothing to gain by having the defending side (white) play an inferior move so white dragged it out as long as possible.

Ivan_gnl

w