FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

8/26/2017 - Pawns Make All The Difference

Darthom59 wrote:

A lot of sacs to get this one

GOTOPLESS DAY - AUG 26, 2017

http://gotopless.org/gotopless-day

That's what I get for playing around

Some people want to celebrate August 26th as Go Topless Day, but others chose May 19th. There seems to be some confusion as one group intends driving with the top down on their convertibles, while the other group has problems with the legality of their activities.

interesting

happy.png

jssudhir wrote:

This was tough sloved in second attempt. Well viewers I asked one question long back , I repeat it again .Black king is under check by white queen , black knight placed between to remove the check . But the black knight is so placed that it checks white king .My question    , is the check valid? Because black knight loses its power when it is placed to remove the check , that what I feel . Expert comments awaited 

No experts so far so I would say it is valid. White has option to take knight even if it means exchanging white queen for the black knight. Similarly, if white queen moves next to black king and is protected by, say a bishop, can black king take white queen if white bishop would put white king in check if moved? Again, let the experts explain but here I would say the black king cannot take the white queen. Imagine the heated discussions as chess rules evolved as to which point of view was more fair. Imagine games played where rules for these situations were not universally accepted---chaos and mayhem must have ensued. BTW, I saw the best opening move to the puzzle was to check (no option) so that black had but one move but I moved the white bishop instead of the queen. So you see I am no expert and my musings can be taken with a grain of salt. 

hard but great

ぬう。

jssudhir wrote:

This was tough sloved in second attempt. Well viewers I asked one question long back , I repeat it again .Black king is under check by white queen , black knight placed between to remove the check . But the black knight is so placed that it checks white king .My question    , is the check valid? Because black knight loses its power when it is placed to remove the check , that what I feel . Expert comments awaited 

What an absolutely stupid question. You need to refer to the basic rules for beginners. It's hardly surprising you've not had much of a response, by experts or otherwise. 

That was enjoyablehappy.png

I love it when White uses all of its resources.

jong89, the title is correct, because it's a general comment about Pawns.

Very good puzzle

Very good puzzle

tricky puzzle...loved to solve it...solved ..hurrraahhh

nice 

difficult puzzlenervous.pngnervous.pngplayhand.png

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good one

DesertStormCarl wrote:

Why not Qd6?  It can't be stopped and is much more simple than the answer!

Qf3+ complicates your move as does Be4+.

Not bad.

Puzzling puzzle today. Clever solution to find when your back is against the wall.

Online Now