x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

8/30/2012 - Blood in the Water

FIRST!!!!

wouldn't a move by black Qf7 prevent mate that this point?

=D

3. Bxg6+

I feel like ur not in this anymore. These puzzles make me feel sad for the fraudulent mind that would declare this offering, even modestly challenging. I literally invited a street urchin, with a cursory understanding of the game, to dwell upon this so called puzzle. After a moment, he looked up and spit in my face. "Don't waste my time, guy. I may be disadvantaged, but i can tie my fucking shoes and feed myself. This is an insult"

gunnerrforever wrote:

Guys I have a doubt.. Why cant the black queen move to f7 ??? Its not Check mate !!!!!

NxF7++

Very nice, similar to Yestarday's

Rxe6 is screaming...

Cool

not 3 moves

The "solution" is not checkmate; the queen can still move between the king and the bishop.

hmmz

yay

jnjnelson wrote:

The "solution" is not checkmate; the queen can still move between the king and the bishop.

True but how do you prevent 4.Qe7# (or Ng7#) ?

difficult

stephen_33 wrote:
    jnjnelson wrote:

I make no claims as to how to prevent other moves, I'm merely pointing out that this "solution" is different from all the "solutions" that I have seen for the daily puzzles, in that this one does not end in checkmate.  I'm interested to know why we have broken from the consistency.

Nice one

Cavatine wrote:
    gunnerrforever wrote:

Guys I have a doubt.. Why cant the black queen move to f7 ??? Its not Check mate !!!!!

The black queen moves to f7 where it is pinned and then the White Q is free to swoop right in front of the black King right in front of it, with the black Q watching helplessly nearby, giving Checkmate with support of the white Knight.   For me the key question to ask myself is "What is this white bishop going to do?" and then I randomly thought "What if White sacks the rook here?" and the two questions combined to give me the answer to the puzzle.  But before that I was going to think about slow moves, and realized the white Q could be taken by the Black one; then only something quick and surprising could lead to a checkmate.

Yeah i din't notice it at first. thank you :)

Hard time solving this one.

jnjnelson wrote:
    stephen_33 wrote:
    jnjnelson wrote:

I make no claims as to how to prevent other moves, I'm merely pointing out that this "solution" is different from all the "solutions" that I have seen for the daily puzzles, in that this one does not end in checkmate.  I'm interested to know why we have broken from the consistency.

We have broken from the consistency cuz it's boring to do the same things everyday. Change is what seasons life. ^^

Online Now