x
Chess - Play & Learn

Chess.com

FREE - In Google Play

FREE - in Win Phone Store

VIEW

8/7/2010 - Precise Checking

lol.. thats all i got to say.Laughing

The first step is to recognize that a way must be found to separate Black's Queen from Black's King. The point of the repeated checks is to position Black's Queen and King that Black's Queen cannot block the check (17.Qc4+) except by moving onto a square attacked by White's Knight (17...Qf7?). That forces Black's King away from Black's Queen and creates the vulnerability that results in 18.Qh4+. Black must now move his King 18...Kg7, setting up the fork (18...Kg8?, 19.Qh7++).

kentaro267 wrote:

so basicly, black slips up after being checked so many times right? So my thought is white was so afraid of black's queen that he randomly applied checks till he found an opening.... annoying but effective lThe ol

The moves are not random. See that White's Queen follows a circuit (check on 8 line, on a1-h8 diagonal, on h file, on a2-g8 diag. ) To separate Black's King and Queen, White needs to go from h file to the 8 line and then to the a2-g8 diag. . And the first time he has this chance is on move 16 (after moves 3, 7, 11 he's blocked by the pawn or by the knight)

wonderful puzzle but too long 

how good do you have to be at this game to see the end...before you make the first move...what rating?

kibuyaga wrote:

how good do you have to be at this game to see the end...before you make the first move...what rating?

GOD!

very difficult puzzle

wtf. 4 pages by 7am? Don't you guys have anything better to do?

it is a ghatia kissam, i think; its irritating..........

??? Bit silly....? A knight move a lot earlier, and it would all be over....

This was hard for me to follow.  Thank you for the puzzle in any event.  Smile

beautifully and patiently executed...

lol. way 2 long for me. i had to use help all the time.

Maddening

easy

nice

Spectacurlar!

confused! Couldn't we have the same result by less moves?

nice

Too long but nice

Online Now