9/2/2011 - Mate in 9

This was an amazing puzzle

Innocent

zman1234 wrote:

There's a bridge with a water source about 1,000 feet down, and there's a sign on the bridge that says:"NO FISHING OFF THE BRIDGE" XD (NO LIE!!!!)

The sign must be of flip chart version with the next sign down reading "NO DIVING FROM BRIDGE".

P.S. This was the greatest puzzle ever...A 9 move smotheresk type mate in the middle of the board. WOW.

Perfect!

zman1234 wrote:

Hey i got a funny story. Who wants to hear it?

oh oh oh! me! I do! I do!

btw, Black just got pawned. lol.

This puxxle was awesome. Has someone posted an answer with the different variations? How do you post boards with sets of moves anyway?

scooby068 wrote:
    zman1234 wrote:

There's a bridge with a water source about 1,000 feet down, and there's a sign on the bridge that says:"NO FISHING OFF THE BRIDGE" XD (NO LIE!!!!)

Ahhhhk! , a real man would bungie jump off the bridge and come up with the trout in his mouth!

to true.

CryEmbarassedFoot in mouthFrownInnocentKissLaughingMoney mouthCoolSealedSmileSurprisedTongue outUndecidedWinkYell

The solution

Then I saw this
    or this
    All better than 9 but it might be dragged out.

great puzzle :)

Oh! What a puzzle!! Simply amazing and awesome!!! Each and every key move is like a 'bolt from the blue'.. The puzzzle can be compared to Fischer-Byrne Game of the century. Hats off to the composer and the chess lovers who flawlessly solve this greatest chess puzzle ever... P.K.Mishra

Matter about 26 pawns is given to opponent before to make mate by last pawn that is left to struggle with matter no less than 23 pawns. Unbelievable! Fantastic mate!

Great puzzle...
    Super sacrifices... Queen, 2 rooks, a knight, a bishop and a pawn
    Checkmate at the middle of a board.

Entitle it "capture my pieces".

Very Nice!

SZ.

Perfect! my goodness! was this ever played in real life? 

N.Z. bunghee jumoersw....lol; I loved thois puzzle...something you'd expect to see from Fischer...

excellent!

Everybody says that's this puzzle is incredible and I'm pretty sure it is, but what is I start with the rook in a8? 

I guess I could make a checkmate faster and with no sacrifices.

Is my reflection wrong?

amazing process.

or Join

Online Now