Forums

King & Queen vs. King

Sort:
Pawnslayer

The correspondence game below has lasted for nearly four months and 60 moves and I'd like to find the fastest and simplest way to force a stalemate since I know there's no way I can win with my black king against my opponent's white king and queen. After all, everyone hates a quitter, right? Wink

Sutlej

I would Not call u a quitter if u resign from here . ( and yes I have nothing against quitters- its a personal choice!). You CANNOT  force a stalemate from here. As I see you will need serious coperation from your opponent if you hope for a stalemate.

Playing for 4 months and 60 moves is an achievement !

Liburkin
Just curious: how many moves ago was the last capture? You may want to investigate the 50-move rule. You may be able to claim a draw soon!
Ben_Dubuque

if the game is on going, i would suggest *********** ******* ******* ********** ****** ****** **** *** ** * ******** ********* *********** ******** **** ******** ***** ****** ****** *********.(censored for protection of my profile)

Pawnslayer

I'm not trying to be a pain here but the thought of losing after all this time isn't very comforting. Below is the entire game so if I can claim a draw or do something else to avoid a loss, please let me know! Laughing

bobbyb2357

you have 48 moves to go without being checkmated before you can call a draw. unfortunately for you, there is no way to force a stalemate

checkmateibeatu
King and queen vs king is an easy win, and with perfect play the longest forced win is 10 moves last time I checked.
bobbyb2357

no, its an easy win for the side with the queen

wowiezowie

It's not a draw.  Stop being silly. 

Frankdawg

I could beat Garry Kasparov if I had the white pieces and he had the black pieces. You should resign, and don't post ongoing games.

Frankdawg
ReasonableDoubt wrote:
Frankdawg wrote:

I could beat Garry Kasparov if I had the white pieces and he had the black pieces. You should resign, and don't post ongoing games.

No, you couldn't...  I bet you think that K+N+N is a win too if you really don't know that K+Q is an obvious draw.  Then again, you might just be trolling.

checkmateibeatu
ReasonableDoubt, queen and king vs king is a win. Check out a tablebase.
Markle

anyone that can't win with K and Q vs. a lone K should probably give up chess for something else. Frankdawg is right  even if the player with the K is Kasparov the other side has a clear and easy win

-waller-

ReasonableDoubt is ranked over 2300 in Live Chess, so I think he knows what he's talking about somehow.

baddogno

Come on Reasonable Doubt, every once in a while, you just have to admit you are wrong.  Of course K+Q vs. K is a forced chechmate.  Everyone except you knows that.

checkmateibeatu

It is the second part in this video:

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A6sIFhKfCa8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

baddogno
ReasonableDoubt wrote:
baddogno wrote:

Come on Reasonable Doubt, every once in a while, you just have to admit you are wrong.  Of course K+Q vs. K is a forced chechmate.  Everyone except you knows that.

That's not true.  Just because a lot of people might think the world is flat doesn't mean it's true.  People on this site just don't get it... it's impossible to force checkmate with K+Q, everyone except you knows that.

It is your choice to make yourself the laughingstock of the chess community then? So be it.

-waller-

I can't believe the number of people that are actually thinking "hey, this high-rated player has made a mistake here!"

checkmateibeatu
-waller- wrote:

I can't believe the number of people that are actually thinking "hey, this high-rated player has made a mistake here!"

No, he is joking, trying to stir up trouble.

Ben_Dubuque

dude it is a forced win i mean seriously it is the same type of play as Kand R v Lone King except the queen can go diagonaly as well