Forums

Daeru(White) vs. browni3141(Black) WITH KIBITZERS

Sort:
Daeru

I and browni3141 will be playing a game here, we will move one move per day so kibitzers will easily find time to comment.

I start with

Good luck!

browni3141

I play 1...e5

trysts

I'll do the computerless-trysts-evaluation after each moveWink

+0.37

Ben_Dubuque

these things are popular,

my suggestion f4 FTW

trysts
EdwardT2 wrote:

Wrong wrong wrong! 1.Nf3 was just winning!

(Trysts - the initiative is worth 0.37 in a symmetrical undeveloped position?)

In my guesstimation, yes. If actual engines disagree with my evaluations, then they will be unplugged until further noticeLaughing

browni3141
trysts wrote:
EdwardT2 wrote:

In my guesstimation, yes. If actual engines disagree with my evaluations, then they will be unplugged until further notice

They aren't even worth looking at trysts! We all know you're better than a hunk of metal Laughing

Ben_Dubuque

how does f4 evaluate in this position, for me it comes to mat 65

trysts
browni3141 wrote:
trysts wrote:
EdwardT2 wrote:

In my guesstimation, yes. If actual engines disagree with my evaluations, then they will be unplugged until further notice

They aren't even worth looking at trysts! We all know you're better than a hunk of metal

Thank you, browni3141Laughing

trysts
jetfighter13 wrote:

I actually have to see the move played by Daeru first, then I take a drink, question my sanity, put on some nice music, get out my rolling tray, wonder about my curtains, read some Cixous, and then evaluate. It's not easyWink

trysts
EdwardT2 wrote:

What are you drinking?

Wine(Sauvignon Blanc from Australia). Why?

trysts
EdwardT2 wrote:

Meh

1.Nf3 > 1.f4

@Trysts: not a SOUTH Australian Sav-blanc by any chance?

Stoney vineyard.

Daeru

My response is normally 2.Nf3 but I am considering 2.Qh5!? to get out of theory very early.  

Thoughts?

Daeru

Indeed. Simple opening principle. Don't get the queen out too early. I thought it would be fun to see whether black could punish it or not.

Let's stick with the opening principles then, shall we?

I play 2.Nf3 

pyramider
trysts wrote:
jetfighter13 wrote:

I actually have to see the move played by Daeru first, then I take a drink, question my sanity, put on some nice music, get out my rolling tray, wonder about my curtains, read some Cixous, and then evaluate. It's not easy

You are impatient.  I never question my sanity after the first drink.  Even after the second drink I still firmly believe I am the sanest old fart around.  My sanity-doubts never kick in before the fourth drink, and I do not count the beer.

I came up with a great opening I called it The Double Scotch Opening.  Sorry I have ben trying to remember it since the next morning after discovering it.

pyramider

Great move.  You can feel the tension of this game filling the air.

This time of the year, being Canadian, I only kibitz hockey.  Ottawa Senators win in seven.

Ah, chess..Nf3 is good knight everybody

browni3141

I like facing the Ruy and Italian as black, but wouldn't mind a Petrov either, even though I don't play it.

trysts
pyramider wrote:

You are impatient.  I never question my sanity after the first drink.  Even after the second drink I still firmly believe I am the sanest old fart around.  My sanity-doubts never kick in before the fourth drink, and I do not count the beer.

I came up with a great opening I called it The Double Scotch Opening.  Sorry I have ben trying to remember it since the next morning after discovering it.

Hilarious!Laughing

Ben_Dubuque

I would like to see f5 though it is not exactly how you say it Sound

either that or, Nc6 is almost forced

Ben_Dubuque

I have played it, along with the siesta variation, and honestly I prefer the look of the other player after 2. ... f5 because they look at me like I am a mad man.Tongue out

browni3141
ChristianSoldier007 wrote:

Nc6 isnt forced just best  also, jet have you heard of 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 f5!? seems right up your ally

What have you against 2...Nf6?