Forums

Daeru(White) vs. browni3141(Black) WITH KIBITZERS

Sort:
Daeru
Daeru

13.Nbd2 was my idea but now I am also interested in the endgame after 13.cxd3 Qxd3 14.Qxd3 cxd3 15.Nc3 and I am not sure if I have enough there after I win the d3 pawn. 

Ben_Dubuque

that looks good, though i think you should Isolate the pawn and win it. that way

Daeru

Both look good :/ I will go with 13.Nbd2 to keep the pressure.

Ben_Dubuque

Na5 looks to keep the pawns that are in the center, cramping white, b5 does the same, as for tactical respoces, f5 looks good

SharmaPawan

haha

browni3141
jetfighter13 wrote:

Na5 looks to keep the pawns that are in the center, cramping white, b5 does the same, as for tactical respoces, f5 looks good

I'm not too fond of Na5, since it's not a great square for the knight. f5 looks a little loose. I'd like to defend the pawn with 13...b5

Daeru

14.a4 is an idea. If black plays 14...a6 than we can play 15.axb5 axb5 16.Rxa8 Qxa8 17.cxd3 and black can't recapture with his queen and after 17...cxd3 it shouldn't be so hard to win that pawn.

Daeru
Ben_Dubuque

go for it, looks sound and after running a few variations in my head, That looks right

Daeru

I play 14.a4

browni3141

Sorry, I forgot about the game. I play 14...a6

Ben_Dubuque

go for the tactic

Daeru

I play 15.axb5 

browni3141

His plan is clearly to win the d pawn, so perhaps trading it first with dxc2 is logical?

browni3141

I was hoping for some kibitzing here, oh well :(. I guess I'll take the game into uncharted waters with 15...dxc2. I see nothing wrong with it, and it trades the d-pawn before it will become extremely weak.

Daeru

The change in move order looks better than our variation. I'll just take with 16.Qxc2 since it looks pretty much forced. What should be the plan now?

Daeru

Good idea but axb5 Rae1 Rxg7 and black not only is a pawn up but also is stopping Ng5.

browni3141

16...axb5 seems forced.

Daeru

17.Rxa8 and Rad1 are my candidates.