Who can make the best illegal position?

gyrados06
Arisktotle wrote:

(after Cruiseship #2307) Had one side played better, it could have won before the last move. Which was that last move?

 

 

White played g6. Instead, he could have gone Bb1 and win the game

gyrados06

 

GamerGuy26022

How do you know white’s last move was g6?

n9531l1
gyrados06 wrote:
Arisktotle wrote:

(after Cruiseship #2307) Had one side played better, it could have won before the last move. Which was that last move?

 

White played g6. Instead, he could have gone Bb1 and win the game

@gyrados06: In your position with White to move, what move did Black just make?

n9531l1

White to play

 

In the final position above, hxg6 produces Arisktotle's position. But instead of that move, White has a mate in 14 starting with Bg8.

Arisktotle
n9531l1 wrote:

In the final position above, hxg6 produces Arisktotle's position. But instead of that move, White has a mate in 14 starting with Bg8.

Quite right! You didn't fall for the gyrados06-trap. As a composer I prefer the mate-in-5 variation after ...Pgxh5 since it forces the unique winning move h4!

n9531l1

That's true, once White finds the first move, it's Black's only chance to give White a unique winning move that's not obvious.

HiHiHiHat

multiple chunguses are calle chungii

hammadkhan021
How will play?
ryanzhangmiller

 

gyrados06
Arisktotle wrote:
n9531l1 wrote:

In the final position above, hxg6 produces Arisktotle's position. But instead of that move, White has a mate in 14 starting with Bg8.

Quite right! You didn't fall for the gyrados06-trap. As a composer I prefer the mate-in-5 variation after ...Pgxh5 since it forces the unique winning move h4!

Yes, i didnt notice that!

incamei

 

incamei

停杯投箸不能食

CruiseShip



jjra2009

 

pumpkin_LN

 

pumpkin_LN

Spells HI!

incamei

 

n9531l1

Judging from its title, this thread is intended to let people present their best illegal positions. A good illegal position is one that is not obviously illegal. Does anyone have one of those?

n9531l1

I was hoping to see an illegal position posted that is not obviously illegal.