Forums

HUMOUROUS, FUNNY, WEIRD, BIZARRE, ARTISTIC, NON SENSE CHESS PICS, IMAGES, CARICATURES, ETC...

Sort:
wongry

haha

Allegretta

lol

BISHOP_e3

Blackcat332k10

shock.png

ZarufIqbal

Lol

BISHOP_e3

wongry

haha

Tofflatt
BISHOP_e3 wrote:

Dude HAHAHA

wongry

hi

wizzynoo

HAHAHAHA, These are fantastic x

Tails204

YidingL1

Allegretta

like tails204 chess scenario!

RichColorado

wizzynoo

These are so funny, thanks for sharing them x

Shriyadita2013
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟📱chess.com
Elder_Knight

When I first saw this photograph of Susan Polgar playing chess against Bobby Fischer, I realized that it must have been quite old. Susan is younger, and Fischer is ... well, alive. They were using clocks, but it certainly wasn't an officially rated game, as Fischer hadn't played one of those in decades.

They were just a few moves into the opening, but the position made no sense. It looked like a queen knight defending against a queen pawn, and one of Susan's rooks was missing. Surely she didn't give rook odds to Bobby. But wait, if her knight had started on the "rook one" square, then . . .

Aha! They were playing "Fischer Random Chess," Bobby's innovation wherein the back rank pieces are arranged in almost-random fashion (obeying a few rules) via computer, although the same for both players. Here I was getting a headache while they were analyzing a position that had probably never happened, ever. Probably testing Bobby's then-revolutionary chess clock (the one that adds some time after each move) as well.

So, if you should encounter a truly impossible position in a photograph, maybe Fischer is to blame.

BISHOP_e3

Elder_Knight

Thanks for the better picture! I was trying to find my clean copy before Photobucket took everything for ransom and watermarked them.

BISHOP_e3

Reverse Image search + then sharpened image.

U R welcome.