Piece Personalities

Sort:
pawnsolo2

The king is a God.

The rest are slaves. 

x-5058622868
TheGreenToad wrote:
Sunshiny wrote:

a3 should be a dark square, as well as c3.

oh man ...and we wonder why chess players don't get girlfriends

I play chess to play chess. I do other things for "getting girlfriends."

x-5058622868

You're right, your generalization of chess players didn't deserve a response.

Not quite personalities, but...

Military:

Pawns - Soldiers at the front line. Slowly pushes their way into enemy territory.

Knights - Grenade tossers. Hand tossing grenades at enemies within a radius.

Bishops - Snipers. Long ranged shots slipping past obstacles.

Rooks - Tanks. Rolls over and destroys things in its path.

Queen - Missile/air support. Strife away.

King - Control center defender. Stops things that gets too close. 

Stinetuck

Honinbo and Sunshiny I love your responses xD

Crackin up reading Hon's and Sun, I like how you view the wooden battlefield

As to those talking about chess and girlfriends ive as yet to snag one that way but the two one night stands the games netted me leave me optomistic for my fellow players -nevermind that it keeps my current bedmate entertained ;)

solskytz

I don't ever remember getting together with a woman on a basis of chess. It may still happen and certainly be cute. 

Being with a woman and then later doing chess together - of course this happened many many times... what can you do? It's part of who I am. 

Breaking with a woman over chess? I've seen it happen to some other people. Guess they were a bit more obsessed about the game than even I am...

Stinetuck

haha, id be lying if i said the fact my ex prefured checkers to chess didnt factor into the reasons for me ending it xD

atarw

pawns: weaklings who are willing to die for the greater good: almost like kamikaze fighters, except less destructive in general

rooks: drunken idiots who can pack a punch

knights: the type of cards player who can cheat easily at will, can tell good jokes

bishops: very accurate, assassins who will stop at nothing to see the opponent dead.

queen: A sprinter: very quick and fast who can deal the decisive blow, however it is too powerful for its own good.

king: the lazy fat king who always asks for fourths at dinner.

Stinetuck

I like that, fourths at dinner xD

Point interest to all, why is like 3 out of 4 king descripts lasy? xD

royalbishop
DaBigOne wrote:

pawns: weaklings who are willing to die for the greater good: almost like kamikaze fighters, except less destructive in general

rooks: drunken idiots who can pack a punch

knights: the type of cards player who can cheat easily at will, can tell good jokes

bishops: very accurate, assassins who will stop at nothing to see the opponent dead.

queen: A sprinter: very quick and fast who can deal the decisive blow, however it is too powerful for its own good.

king: the lazy fat king who always asks for fourths at dinner.

This might be my favorite comment in this thread!

FunWithChess20

Wonderfull thread! 

Rook - Out of the box thinker. Who said that castles can't move?

King - Arrogant. Thinks everything evolves around him.

Queen - Busy type. Always working. 

Knight - Crazy idiot, Clown.

Bishop - Oppinionated and stubborn. Will stick to his colour. Can however sacrifice himself for the greater good.

Pawns - Joyfull bunch of morphers. Although can block your plans if you mistreat them.

mirandasantana

King: master- good leader kind hearted

Queen: 2nd in comand- very possessive protective

Knight: cavalier- selfless speedy loyal reliable

Rook: tank- cold protective short fuse tough reliable

Bishop: healer and clergyman- sweet shy

Pawn: foot soilder- energetic loyal submissive protective reliable

chagahotchaga

Pawn=unassuming

Bishop=piercing

Knight=unpredictable

Rook=solid

Queen=Dynamic

King= Invaluable

wilytwister

I actually used to draw Chessboard comic strips! I still do, but under new name.  Here are paersonalities based on comic strip

White Pieces

King- Major bookworm W. Queen- ultimate video gamer QS Rook- keeps exotic pants Knight- optimist Bishop- scared of everything, wears innertube KS Bishop- wears parachute Knight- asthmastic Rook- muisician/poet/artist

White Pawns

A- gourment chef B- comedian C-military adict/in Navy D- superhero kiddo E- math nerd F- firefighter G- gym rat H- ole country farmer

Black Pieces

King- Golfer Queen- construction jock QS Rook- doctor Knight- teenager punk Bishop- atheletic/loves horror stories KS Bishop- herbalist Knight- computer whiz/ engineer Rook- typical high school senior

Black Pawns

A- hacker/ doomsday prepper B- prone to untentional swearing C- very old D- sci-fi fan/teenager E- accident-prone F- scared of everything G- golfer H- military/ Navy

JEDKOHJK

Sunshiny wrote:

You're right, your generalization of chess players didn't deserve a response.

Not quite personalities, but...

Military:

Pawns - Soldiers at the front line. Slowly pushes their way into enemy territory.

Knights - Grenade tossers. Hand tossing grenades at enemies within a radius.

Bishops - Snipers. Long ranged shots slipping past obstacles.

Rooks - Tanks. Rolls over and destroys things in its path.

Queen - Missile/air support. Strife away.

King - Control center defender. Stops things that gets too close. 

I always thought of it as something similar to what you wrote, except that I thought of knights as ambush attackers, and pawns as skilled thieves which have to carry a large shield and a sword only because the aarmy doesn't have enough resources. When they get to the enemy camp, they would steal some equipment and take on another role.

larrycheckmate

What is the Logic/philosophy terms of this words? using "Without" that parts then "Just Like Logic -" what happened? Thank you sir I hope you answer.

larrycheckmate

I would like to ask About chess board game Like  Logic as A. Queen, B. Pawn, C. Rook, D. Knight, E. King?

What is the Logic term of individual parts. example What happened if without  "King" and What is the Logic terms. Thanks. 

Altair360
Since this thread has been resurrected i might as well give the pieces personalities( and some stuff about them:

Pawn- The recruits of the army. Very loyal and sacrificing but lonely pieces often get paranoid. Many of them always have dreamed of being promoted.

Knight- Highly skilled and loyal warriors but are very boastful and arrogant. They often brag about they're horses because it gets them faster into the battlefield. They often see pawns and bishops as useless good-for-nothing things and they sometimes complain when they are ordered to protect one. Despite most of them having terrible control over they're horses, they use it as an advantage to try get ahead of some unsuspecting enemies they come across.

Bishop- Very intelligent and cunning people. They always try to think of a strategy to defeat the enemy. Some of them are blind and which is why they move in different directions, often moving diagonally. They see knights as annoying and dumb and they sometimes argue with them but pawns on the other hand, they see them as little helpers and they often repay them by helping them out in the battlefield.

Rook- The king's royal guards. Cold and is very protective to their king. The rooks are feared by everyone in the army, many soldiers often keep their distance from them. Anyone that wanted to speak to the king always had to ask permission to the rooks or else they will be hurt or killed by them. They follow they're king at all times, whenever the king goes to a room or place, they will stand guard of the entrances. The queen and the bishops often try to socialize with them but the rooks just ignore them and keep looking out for the king.

Queen- An intelligent and competent woman. Often looks out for herself and everyone especially his husband and is a multi-tasker. She oftens try to socialize with the rooks but always gets no response from them. She loves his husband as much as he loves her and sometimes even makes things for him such as a king's robe. Before she was married, her father trained her to be a skilled fighter in the battlefield, giving her everything his father knows. She sometimes sneaks out of the castle and disguises as a soldier to help out the others in the battlefield.

King- The most important person in the army. A very intelligent man but always in alot of stress. He often deals with problems that always come to the kingdom and barely gets any sleep. He sometimes orders his wife and his bishops to deal with problems that happen often. He is also becomes very paranoid whenever an enemy soldier enters the castle and looks for things that he could use defend himself against them. He oftens feels very uncomfortable whenever the rooks are with him because no matter where he is, they are always watching him. Many soldiers of the army are willing to sacrifice they're lives just to keep him alive.

Sorry if I'm necroing this thread. I just really want to share my stories about one of the things I love.
Shadow0618

People who like queen are independent chill

People who like pawns are patient loyal

People who like bishops are passive aggressive

People who like rooks are blunt honest

People who like knight are sly sneaky

People who like kings are self centered jerks

Nightwish85

this was fun to read happy.png

Imclaughlin

Each piece matched with its animal personality:

Pawn: Wolf -loyal and is strongest in packs