Forums

Signs you're a bad chess player

Sort:
chessdude46

You drink lighter fluid and say it's an energy drink.

Ben_Dubuque
AnthonyCG wrote:
jetfighter13 wrote:

thats not the point, e5 is a natural move, and playing Nc3 is defensive, almost giving up the advantage of the first move

and best by test statement, means that you recklessly trust people and dont think and do research on what people tell you

How is 2.Nc3 not natural? It protects the pawn which is being attacked and develops a piece at the same time. How is that not natural? Perhaps you mean to say that it isn't what you wanted to see when you played 1...Nf6? And now you will arrogantly condemn it as a bad move because of this? Then there would be some logic in your statements.

Players 1000 points higher than you religiously meet 1...Nf6 with 2.Nc3. There's nothing weak about it and probably the most common move you'll see below 2000. If anything 2.Nc3 is quite the psychological play seeing as you force Black into playing a king's pawn opening that they may already know or push Black into making some move that makes his job much harder than it should be. Like it or not you need to respect that move and bone up on your four knights and Vienna game.

I do know my Vienna and Four Knights, it is just that when I play the Alekhine, i want to play the Alekhine, not some open game, I say to those who do play Nc3 grow a pair and attack the knight

chessdude46

Can we go back to the original topic, please?

Ben_Dubuque

you see a double exclam move, but dont play it because it is unfair to the opponent

whirlwind2011

@jetfighter13: While I believe 2. e5 is stronger than 2. Nc3 in the Alekhine Defense, I absolutely do not see the latter as a cowardly move. AnthonyCG gave many splendid reasons to steer the game that way. Instead, White takes the bull by the horns, so to speak, and undermines Black's attempt to steal the initiative.

Ben_Dubuque

I play e5 only to gain a huge center so i can use it latter, however no one plays the alekhine as black but me

whirlwind2011
jetfighter13 wrote:

I play e5 only to gain a huge center so i can use it latter, however no one plays the alekhine as black but me

Surely, you don't mean this literally! Laughing

Iamthelizardking
jetfighter13 wrote:

I play the Alekhine about 1/3 of the time.

Ben_Dubuque

well here atleast, i have never seen the Alekhine but when I play as black, it is a shame to

ploboo

You arrive at your first OTB tournament and because you learnt all your chess from chess.com always resign after your third move. Sadly you realise that you'll have no wins, but are content with the fact that you'll walk away with a heap of draws!

frrixz

You exclaim "you sunk my battleship!" when your opponent plays 1. e4

frrixz
zirtoc wrote:

1) The USCF sends you a generous check, requesting you sign up to be a life-long non-member.

2) Your flag refuses to move out of the fallen position before the game.

3) Your digital clock gets stuck in time delay.  When you try to fix it, words flash on the screen: "Trust me, I'm doing you a favor."

4) You bring rocks and cement to every tournament, because you play the Stonewall.

5) Your opponent offers to play the game with only his king, and he beats you.

6) The tournament director has made a sign which he puts next to your board, saying "Sorry, that move is illegal."  He points to it every time you put your hand on a piece.

7) As white, you move your bishop from b7 to a8.  You then take your opponent's knight off the board, claiming you took it "en passant."

8) You always promote your pawn to whatever piece started the game on that square.

9) You get repeatedly crushed by Cassie and Pete on Chessmaster.

10) Opponents have stopped playing you because you insist on sliding your knights to their new squares during the game, bulldozing any hapless pieces that get in their way!

lol. BTW, Stanley (the "random" monkey on chessmaster) never loses to Fool's Mate.

milijones111

i m very bad chess player but i want to learn :(

can anyone please teach me how to master this game ?

Add me to ur facebook account so we can chat and play online :) . my profile is
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002947988414

Elroch

(yet another addition to the list)

... when most of your enjoyment comes from insulting players after you lose.

theunderground702

You resign if your opponent opens with Na3

MoonlessNight

Several of your games are included in the book "how not to play chess"

Ben_Dubuque

you comment on thi... oh sorry wrong thread

jtt96
nate23 wrote:

Several of your games are included in the book "how not to play chess"

+1!

Kolob68

Your opponent plays the Evans Gambit and you answer with "I'm all in!"