🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

https://jackli.gg/chessle

Chess_Player_lol

this one was pretty fun

llama51

Fun, I got today's in 4 tries.

Chess_Player_lol

llama51

Got it again in 4 tries (yeah, the expert one). I don't even play that first move as white (or black's first move when I'm black)...

...it's kind of amazing how much utterly useless knowledge I have about chess... just imagine how many useless things a GM knows lol.

ShadowCellen

Yesterday I was able to do expert mode in the third try, I was really happy XD (I didn’t do Normal mode before it)

Woollensock2
Well done guys, we’re so very proud of you 👍…….Einstein’s in the making !
Chess_Player_lol

yall try to beat 2

IsMyCrazyMoveBetter

I am missing the point. I click the link, and it asks me to make 3 moves for white and 3 for black. Then it repeats. 

Why is e5 highlighted? Can anyone explain how to use this?

Chess_Player_lol

e5 means that it is part of the solution but is in the wrong place

if it is green that means it is in the correct place too

if it is gray that means it is not part of the solution

IsMyCrazyMoveBetter

I would rather play it where you are given an opening name and then you have to play that opening. This is just one move at a time guessing, which is rather stupid. e4 and e5 are good viable moves in a good order and therefore should be green unless you want a different opening which they should tell you upfront.

IsMyCrazyMoveBetter

For example, let's say they want to introduce the Urusov Gambit. First you start with Bishop's Opening. Then, Bishop's Opening Berlin Defense. Then, Urusov Gambit.

1. e4 e5 2. Bc4 

Then

1. e4 e5 2. Bc4 Nf6 

Then

1. e4 e5 2. Bc4 Nf6 3. d4

linkdd

You haven't played Wordle, have you?

This is not guessing, it's about pattern recognition where each try gives you more informations. You only have a limited number of tries (6), so you have to quickly recognize what is the opening based on your guesses.

Why is this better than just asking you to play "Australian Duchess Defense Variation Beta 5" ? Because if you follow the basic rules of every opening (capture the center, develop your pieces, protect your king), you have a chance of discovering the opening anyway and at the end "oh that's what it's called!".

llama51

Your first guess should be nonsense of course. For example have white play moves like e4 d4 nf3 nc3 g3 and be2

Have black play something like e6 d6 Nc6 Nf6 g6

After that you'll narrow it down to about 2 things.

So far I've already figured out the opening before my 3rd guess and at that point I'm just trying different variations.

llama51

It's pretty easy after you've spent literally thousands of hours playing and studying chess (lol)

ShadowCellen

The problem with this is that it doesn’t give you the best moves, but just how the opening went. I mean few days ago this was the opening…

I mean who plays b4 this days? I went from 0 rating to 1800 rating without seeing anybody do that…

IsMyCrazyMoveBetter
llama51 wrote:

Your first guess should be nonsense of course.

I don't see the point in that. Going over established lines and main line variations makes more sense to me. As you get better you could also train with transposing.

Chess_Player_lol
ShadowCellen wrote:

The problem with this is that it doesn’t give you the best moves, but just how the opening went. I mean few days ago this was the opening…

I mean who plays b4 this days? I went from 0 rating to 1800 rating without seeing anybody do that…

evans gambit is perfectly playable. also it chooses the mainline of an opening.

IsMyCrazyMoveBetter
ShadowCellen wrote:

Evan's Gambit. Then they could have branched off with white eventually playing Qa4 and black Na5. Has potential.

IsMyCrazyMoveBetter